• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR 15 LPK's

Well it's funny how I just read this post and earlier today I was using my first ever CMMG lpk.
Low and behold the front takedown pin was outta' spec. It would not slip past the edge of the shoulder on the spring side, FML.
I have used plenty of various kits from Anderson, Dpms, Spikes, Tiger rock, Rock River etc and NEVER, EVER had that problem. Luckily I had spare parts and first one I picked up slid right in.
That was my first experience with CMMG and probably be my last. That was very annoying....
Hate to hear it man. Every CMMG kit I've ever used was good to go. Guess you got a lemon.

It's an Advanced Armament Lower. I'm still waiting on my billet ambi safety and mag release. Both in FDE. Had the SilencerCo muzzle brake installed last we ( still waiting on the can ). Phase 5 Hex buffer tube Assembly. Magpul sigle point qd mount. ACT trigger. Ill be swapping out some these items when my order from Sons of Liberty gets here. I was just getting anxious and decided to use what I had to get it this far. I'll take some better pictures when it's finished.
Where did you get a stripped AAC lower?

IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3516.JPG
I just bought and installed an Aero Precision lpk on my Aero lower. After reading this thread I didn't want to go with CMMG or Anderson, So I bought the Aero and lo and behold the trigger was out of spec and I could not slip the disconnector into the trigger to get the holes to lineup.
There was a very slight bulge in the raceway where the disconnector sits that wouldn't let the disconnector seat properly. Luckily I bought the LPK local and took the trigger back and they swapped it out for me. Thanks Custom Firearm Creations!

I knew Aero makes all their own parts including the lower parts. I figured it would be safe to go with them. I guess everyone has quality issues every once in a while. I'm still glad I went with them. Trigger is decent for a standard lpk trigger. A little heavy but clean break and positive reset.

Here is my 300 blk build so far. I'm going with a 10" barrel.

lThere are only a couple companys that make those small springs, pins and detent pins. I would't let something like one bad kit keep you from trying them again. Give them a chance and you will find out they are great kits. I usually get the the lower builders kit. it doesn't have the grip or the fire control group. Then you can get what you really want as far as grip and a quality trigger.

Quality control is there to keep a run of bad kits getting out and only a small sampling of each batch is collected for testing and tolerance accuracy. Unfortunately every kit can't be tested and a bad one will get through once in a while. It's just the nature of the beast. So don't damn a good product from on experience. I have sworn off PSA because I have had mulitple problems with the same parts. I literally refuse to deal with them.

If you use a company exclusively eventually you will a get a bad kit no matter who you use. I have always used CMMG just becuase I like the the tapered pins and the divot in the take down pins for the bullet to set in so it doesn't want to slide off the pin. There are a lot of good features CMMG has that I like and that keeps me coming back.

Back
Top Bottom