• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar-15 Pistol legality as a Truck Gun

Annon5709871235

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
41   0
Reaction score
You guys will have to excuse me for my ignorance on the subject of the Title of this thread. Lately I have been entertaining purchasing some sort of AR pistol as a truck gun to keep with me at all times while I am out and about. I wouldn't be carrying said firearm in public, that is what my glock is for. I do have a Georgia weapons carry permit. What are some things I should keep with me as far as documentation pertaining to legality of AR Pistols. Also what is acceptable/ not acceptable with a AR Pistol. EX can I leave it with a loaded magazine? Is there a mag cap limit seeing that it is a pistol. Lastly has any one had any issues with keeping a AR Pistol with them and having issues during a traffic stop? Just for reference I conceal every day while I am out, I also keep a considerable amount (i feel) of ammo in my truck for my glocks. I also keep my Cheapo AR-15 behind the back seat, all be it stored and unloaded. Thank you guys for any help. I also understand that any advice given is not true legal binding advice and That I am ultimately responsible for knowing the laws and understanding the interpretations.

I wouldn’t worry about it. I got into an accident with a suppressed M16 on the floorboard and a suppressed Glock on the passenger seat.

the cop looked at them through the door and told me I should lock my car. Never asked me a thing about them.

AR pistols are legal and any loaded gun is loaded in your vehicle...in Georgia anyway.

****... There are dudes rollin downtown with Blunts... Stolen pistols with numbers ground down, drinking Lean right now... You think they are asking these questions?
So because they are breaking the law gives me carte blanche to throw legality to the wind. I don't think that argument would hold up with an officer or in front of a Judge. "Well judge they were doing it so why can't I have a SBR with out a stamp?"

So because they are breaking the law gives me carte blanche to throw legality to the wind. I don't think that argument would hold up with an officer or in front of a Judge. "Well judge they were doing it so why can't I have a SBR with out a stamp?"

You want to hit on a blunt? Chill bro....

Back
Top Bottom