• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-15 question

ranger11

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
6   0
Reaction score
So I bought a complete upper from a company and put on a lower. Took it to shoot and it would only shoot singles. So I tear it apart and seems like they forgot to drill the hole for the gas port. Is this common? It was a cheap upper. Im gonna let the company have a chance to make it right before I say who it is.

2nd question do I just drill the port myself or send back the upper? I have the tools just never done it before.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

So I bought a complete upper from a company and put on a lower. Took it to shoot and it would only shoot singles. So I tear it apart and seems like they forgot to drill the hole for the gas port. Is this common? It was a cheap upper. Im gonna let the company have a chance to make it right before I say who it is.

2nd question do I just drill the port myself or send back the upper? I have the tools just never done it before.

Unless the barrel is marked as 22lr and that's what you ordered, send it back.

I contacted them. Don't expect response due to holiday. It's marked 5.56 nato. Hopefully this will go smoothly. If not it sounds like I will end up with a nice 22 barrel. Lol. Amazes me someone assembled this and shipped it.

I contacted them. Don't expect response due to holiday. It's marked 5.56 nato. Hopefully this will go smoothly. If not it sounds like I will end up with a nice 22 barrel. Lol. Amazes me someone assembled this and shipped it.

When you lower the price point something has to go to justify it. Send it back it is firmly in the manufactures defect category.

Send it back and never buy anything from them again. To have a manufacturing glitch where the gas block isn't lined up or something is forgivable but for a company that builds ARs to send you a barrel that has no gas port is not forgivable .... that's absurd. I'm very interested in who this came from.

Back
Top Bottom