• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar 5.56 question

Why all the PSA hate? I've never had any issues with mine
2753D195-47A6-4AAD-BC7D-43DC067EC783.jpeg

The internet says that Blackout pistol length barrels are best in terms of optimizing the performance of the round’s advantages over 556. Max 10.5” down to 8.5.” If you’re gonna shoot an unsuppressed 16” barrel you are better off shootin hot 62 grain 556. Except maybe for hunting. That’s what the internet says, anyway.

If you want a really hot 16” upper you gotta go 6.8spc, which also more expensive, and more kick.

True torture test have to be repeated and repeated and averaged. A one and done test doesn't do it for me. I am quite sure Daniel Defense is the better rifle. One faulty round doesn't say a thing. Anything can have a good day once in while.
It's a 5,000 round test over weeks/months. Feel free to run those repeated tests yourself and let us know how it shakes out.

Yes, if you don't mind swapping the barrels. I'd just spring for a 300BO upper, rather than removing handguards, swapping barrels, reinstalling handguards, and rezeroing optics/irons.
I have to say I agree on this. I won't be to much more and it will be an easy back and forth swap to both calibers. Optics will stay zeroed on each upper. So if you run out of ammo in one you just sway to the other. Takes every bit of a minute.

Back
Top Bottom