• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR-9 optic

markomania01

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Im in the process of building an AR-9 pistol and bought a Burris FastFire II. I put my upper on a pistol lower at a gun shop (my lower hasnt come in yet) and realized the optic is too low profile to acquire the red dot. Was told Id need to put a riser on it. A 1" riser seems too high (id like it to remain as low profile as possible). Would a 1/2" be too low?? Or would I need at least a 3/4"?? I really dont want to have to buy another optic. Any suggestions? Also, the optic does NOT need to coincide with any BUIS, for i dont have any on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Also, Im aware Burris makes a riser specifically for their fast fire optics, but they're over $60. Im just looking for a cheap $15-20 riser.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spend the extra $40 for 500x the quality. Otherwise good luck finding a good ophthalmologist when the optic comes flying off and hits you in the eye.

I don't think there is 3/4" mount option. It's either 1/2" or 1", and the height is probably going to be how tight your cheek weld is. I know ADM used to make a QD mount for the FF, and that was probably the best QD option. Otherwise there are a ton of fixed mounts to choose from in both heights.

I've been down this road. The Burris Mount is great for the extra protection offered. The Fast Fires can't take much abuse.

I finally settled on the one inch and adjusted my stance a little more forward to compensate for the cheek weld change. I got use to finding the dot after a few mags.

Back
Top Bottom