• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR blade pistol brace

fastcarsgofast

Default rank <1000 posts
Ford Crown Victoria Ball Turret Gunner
103   0
Reaction score
I’m having a hard time finding the explanation in terms I can clearly understand. The question is how far out can I extend the brace? I understand I can shoulder it like a stock, but I’m unclear how far out I can extend it. Can someone dumb down the answer for me?

I’m having a hard time finding the explanation in terms I can clearly understand. The question is how far out can I extend the brace? I understand I can shoulder it like a stock, but I’m unclear how far out I can extend it. Can someone dumb down the answer for me?
As far as the buffer tube allows. Its a brace; how or what you brace it against isn't an issue.

giphy (1).gif
Unless you have gator arms, all the way

13.5 inches

The LOP is measured in a straight line from the face of the trigger to the rear of the brace. The rear of the brace is taken at its most extended position (if adjustable). “The ATF has advised that a braced pistol with a length of pull in excess of 13.5 inches may constitute a re-design of the brace into a stock.”May 23, 2019

Keeping Your AR-15 Pistol Build Within Legal Limits | USCCA
www.usconcealedcarry.com › Blog › Guns & Gear
You were just telling me about this, uh, yesterday now.

I'd like to see some more authoritative evidence then just an article written by a guy named Scott published at the US Concealed Carry website.
Scott's article does say 13.5 is the limit on length of pull, but he doesn't cite any source other than a verbal phone conversation with Jeff, the head of a gun accessory company.

Did ATF ever say in writing that having a pistol brace with a length of pull past 13.5 inches makes it a shoulder stock?

Apparently Jeff also claimed that ATF has banned all styles of fore-grips of any style , even angled, for pistols. Jeff's statement doesn't seem to be true and has not been confirmed by people who have searched the Internet specifically looking for ATF written memos / letters / published statements about this question.

9ABA9CBD-970F-4DDE-A649-C673B4F79060.jpeg

I just measured the length of pull on my home defense shotgun's
wood buttstock.
It comes out about 12.6 inches, and is the perfect size
for quick snap shooting.
So if (IF) I were limited to a 13 1/2 inch length of pull
on a braced pistol, that would be no hardship for me.

Back
Top Bottom