• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR builders I need your help.

I would but I don't like the hand guard on the 243 upper and I'd prefer an Aero upper to match perfectly with the aero lower. I'm keeping the complete 243 upper for the 86 rounds of 243 I have left. In case I ever need it for some end of the world reason.

LoL, good luck with finding that Aero upper! Those things are scarce as hen’s teeth right now.

Eric

12 Aero M5 uppers in stock at TruPrep right now.

2B56524C-CB72-494D-A057-B019F8F32F65.jpeg

For no more than it is one of those uppers from TruPrep is, that's the the way to go. There are s lot of budget handguards out there that are actually good pieces. So I would say build a complete upper and swap out BCG. If you want to get technical I would just buy another bolt to interface with the new barrel. Then just keep the bolt and upper from the 243 in storage for later use. Later on you could buy another Bolt carrier and put one of the 2 bolts in it and you have a quick swap upper option.
With Biden going to work on his gun agenda get what you can get now. With mostly Aero or BA parts that upper build should be rather cost comfortable. With that much surplus ammo you are definitely on the right track. Who knows when 243 ammo will be reasonable again. I do love that round though. Fast and flat.

I heard rumors floating about that restricting modifications is working it's way to the table. That would be horrible.
Oh great, so the assholes dont even want to allow you to modify one beyond stock now?
That old saying that they wont be happy until all you have is a single shot must be ringing truer and truer.

Oh great, so the assholes dont even want to allow you to modify one beyond stock now?
That old saying that they wont be happy until all you have is a single shot must be ringing truer and truer.
They will not stop until they have completely outlawed guns." Assholes " hit the nail right out the head.

Back
Top Bottom