• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR GUYS - Can I free float a hand guard on a HBAR Bushmaster 20" A2 Service Rifle?

Sorry I'm jumping into the thread late. I found out first hand Bushmaster presses in the sight block pins, so whatever free float system you use, bank on not getting the sight block off without something a lot more than a hammer and punch. Midwest's free float quadrail that clamps on the existing barrel nut by cutting off the delta ring would be a good choice.
Thanks for the advice..I am leaving it be for now. I had a good time with it a over at creekside shooting it as is. alleycat alleycat got any pics of that blue target after you got her sighted in?

Greg_D Greg_D have all the regulars at Riverbend made the switch from A2 to A4 w/ Optics in the HP matches? Or heck at Southriver even?
Most have switched, a couple still shooting the A2. I keep an A2 for Ben's monthly Clinic/Match. No optics. Same fundamentals, NPA, sight alignment, trigger control. I shot a 478/500 at Ben's match last month with my A2.

Thanks for the advice..I am leaving it be for now. I had a good time with it a over at creekside shooting it as is. alleycat alleycat got any pics of that blue target after you got her sighted in?

I mainly use free float because all my non-308 ARs are pistol gas 300s. For most purposes I don't think it makes enough accuracy difference to matter.

Sorry, no pics of the target but I did get this one

IMG_0524.JPG

I hear ya. My A2 will need a free float if I put my Turner sling on it. My Web sling is nice and light and i don't get crazy with it .
I know someone that zeroed his A2 with no sling, then slung-up and the point of impact moved 5moa down and 5moa left. At All Army they have to shoot rack grade A2s at 500yrds and they do not sling-up because of this.

I know someone that zeroed his A2 with no sling, then slung-up and the point of impact moved 5moa down and 5moa left. At All Army they have to shoot rack grade A2s at 500yrds and they do not sling-up because of this.
That would be me. My A2 is nicer than rack grade. I barely use that web sling. Looks cool. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom