• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR help

Does IO make Ar15's?

IO don't make AKs why would they make ARs. LOL

To the OP it depends on your budget. You'd do fine getting a Ruger or S&W budget AR. The Sporter models are probably lacking a forward assist, have different profile barrels, just minor things that a general shooter that doesnt shoot alot won't notice. They likely aren't staking castle nuts and gas keys. Next level guns like Colt and BCM are going to be total mil-spec, properly staked parts and have better resale value.

Just do it. Either way, you will immediately start finding things to change.
Soon you will realize there's no more room in the safe, and you've got more invested in tools than the cost of an entry level AR.

M&P Sport 2 from CG&P for 539. Shoot the crap out of it, add anything you want. Spend your money well on optics and lights that will last, the rest is ergonomic stuff. Figure out what you like and don't like. Sell the gun and the parts you don't want and then buy a Daniel Defense and put on the stuff from the M&P that you liked.

With Colt OEM models under 700 bucks it's hard to recommend anything else.
You probably don't need 'mil spec' but for the price difference why wouldn't you just get it?

Oh...and in before someone mentions Skyjacker Defense...:behindsofa:

Just from the haters. It's an AK. They're all awesome and will run stuffed with a ham sandwich.

Yeah but the IO will have that sandwich getting squished out of rivet holes......

Buy a wasr 10/63 and never look back.

Or AR 15 side there are some great deals out there and on the SAINT you get a lot of quality parts for the money or buy a ruger either way you won't get hurt.

I don't know if you remember a book called the Art of Zen and the Motorcycle but that is my school of thinking. All great answers above regarding buying an out of the box rifle. However, I built my first AR because there are too many options out there and it forced me to do some research. In my humble opinion you can buy any MILSPEC lower and throw a good parts kit like CMMG in it with some MAGPUL trimmings pair it with the upper of your choice (300 blk, 458 SOCOM, .223 Wylde, 5.56, whatever floats your boat and you have something that you want, you made, and it totally unique. But, if you want a shooter to play around with and then eventually trade go the out of the box route. If you want an SPR that is your go to shooter or if the SHTF then build your own. Thats my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom