• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR in 7.62x39 - any feedback?

I had the same itch for AR in 7.62x39 so I picked up a few parts here and there finally got it together but I haven’t run it yet. Will see how it goes. I plan on having an extra bolt in the handle. It’s just a fact around 5K rds they break because they have to remove material around the bolt face like CQB27 CQB27 picture shows. LMT has a nice bolt for around $200 however I could get 2 Toolecraft complete BCG for that. I’m sure it will be a long while before it sees 5K rds.
IA WAR upper
Faxon 16”
Toolcraft BCG
Geissele Super GB

731DE85A-6341-45D7-9181-7F2DD2C87982.jpeg

8C90DE67-C241-4EB6-B693-8FFFA79CFDC9.jpeg

Sounds like I’ll just go Mini 30. I’m not dropping a ton of money on a complete carbine or hundreds on a bolt. Kind of defeats the purpose of wanting to shoot the cheap, fat, Russian ammo.

I've hunting with one for a long time until I switched to 308. Going back to 7.62x39 again in my AR just because I'm not shooting 75 yards and 30 is the norm. My AR suppresses well, and my old x39 AR took the deer in my avatar. Not my biggest; but the only one I put in the back of my Civic.

Built one recently. Had a few issues with steel ammo reliability. I run Prvi Partizan brass with no issues. Fun to shoot and very accurate for what it is. No regrets

what exactly is the definition of 'reliable' here? 500/5k/50k rds?
and which ak would these ar47 types be compared to in terms of reliability?
goodasanyother!
The guy who owns Battlefield Vegas rents full auto communist AK's as fast a people can drop the money and hold the trigger to the rear. He gets about 80,000 to 100,000 full auto all the time rounds out of them before they **** the bed and need a barrel or receiver replacement. Of course there is some small part replacement going on, extractors, bolts, and the occasional head space issue. But I think he has some that go the whole 80-100K before anything is replaced.

I don't know about the AR 47. I haven't seen any data like the above for comparison.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom