• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR pistol help

Hey Guy's , I kept Northgagunman tied up in a PM earlier ruling out the upper with a different lower hope yall still willing to help , No disrespect Here. freedom freedom Wallace's Wallace's karlvv30 karlvv30 . I don't know jack (much)

You sonna ma ....
No worry. I'm a novice tossing around ideas. Freedom is much better and wallace is the pro. It's all about learning yo.

OP, do you have any rounds that have the light primer strike?

The other thing is: Do you have the firing pin retaining pin installed? Do you have a picture of the BCG? No pin could mean the firing pin is coming out way to far causing drag with the hammer. Although, the firing pin would seemingly fall out.

Last thing you could check would be firing pin protrusion. Should be .028-.036 per the TM. You can measure with calipers by removing the bolt, pushing the firing pin into the bolt as far as possible, use calipers to measure to the top of the firing pin sticking out, zero the caliper, then measure to the bolts face. You will have your reading. If its to shallow, you could have carbon/debris in the firing pin channel or out of spec parts (mainly the bolt if you have replaced the firing pin already). They also make a gauge for this, but calipers work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom