• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR pistol questions

haymons22

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered many times but I will ask again. Just traded into my first AR pistol. It is a 10.5". I am thinking about adding a KAK flashcan and a 12" keymod rail to it as well as a shockwave buffer tube and pistol brace.

What all do I need to know to keep from breaking any laws and turning it into an unregistered sbr?

Good info in this MAC video. Other good youtube channels have covered the same topic as well if you want to search and learn more.

According to that if I shoulder the shockwave brace then I will be making my pistol into an sbr. Guess I should look at the sig brace instead.

Thanks for the info.

no grip on the forend unless its the one that is not really a grip but .........................................something like that

IMG_1913.JPG

This is my 8.5" BO pistol. It's perfectly legal as long as it's an angled grip and a KAK blade, pistol tube, or a Sig Brace. Although now Sig braces are able to be "shouldered" according to ATF ruling.

no grip on the forend unless its the one that is not really a grip but .........................................something like that
You can put a vertical forward grip on a pistol if the overall length is at least 26 inches, but like shouldering a brace it's one of those things it's probably better to avoid.

You can put a vertical forward grip on a pistol if the overall length is at least 26 inches, but like shouldering a brace it's one of those things it's probably better to avoid.
I may just go ahead and file the paperwork to register it as an sbr. I have been considering that for a while anyway. Then I can do whatever I want and it worry about violating any laws lol.

Back
Top Bottom