• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR pistol

As long as that "shockwave" thing on the back end is REALLY a stabilizing brace for use when shooting the pistol as a pistol, you're OK.

Now, I don't know that Georgia is obligated to follow ATF's guidelines on how to distinguish between pistol braces and short shoulder stocks, especially if and when you actually do put them up on your shoulder when shooting, and especially if you post pics of you doing so on social media. I think the state COULD charge you with having an SBR, and take a different interpretation of our state law than than ATF takes on the federal law, even though both laws are worded identically when it comes to short-barreled long guns.

P.S. ATF said to the Shockwave manufacturer that you can shoulder the pistol brace as long as you don't permanently pin it into the fully-extended position to create a length-of-pull over 13.5 inches, which is what at least one ATF agent said is the threshold for real shoulder stock size. (I disagree, as I know several rifles that have shoulder stocks at 13" or less as factory standard. Many AK-47 made by or for Asian nations' military forces; the M16A1, "youth model" rifles and shotguns, and some folding stock or telescoping stock SMGs.

https://m.facebook.com/ShockwaveTec...828.1440312666272452/1683507475286302/?type=3

(I have a Mossberg 500 Bantam that's got a rather short stock, 12.7" I think is the length of pull.)

As long as that "shockwave" thing on the back end is REALLY a stabilizing brace for use when shooting the pistol as a pistol, you're OK.

Now, I don't know that Georgia is obligated to follow ATF's guidelines on how to distinguish between pistol braces and short shoulder stocks, especially if and when you actually do put them up on your shoulder when shooting, and especially if you post pics of you doing so on social media. I think the state COULD charge you with having an SBR, and take a different interpretation of our state law than than ATF takes on the federal law, even though both laws are worded identically when it comes to short-barreled long guns.

P.S. ATF said to the Shockwave manufacturer that you can shoulder the pistol brace as long as you don't permanently pin it into the fully-extended position to create a length-of-pull over 13.5 inches, which is what at least one ATF agent said is the threshold for real shoulder stock size. (I disagree, as I know several rifles that have shoulder stocks at 13" or less as factory standard. Many AK-47 made by or for Asian nations' military forces; the M16A1, "youth model" rifles and shotguns, and some folding stock or telescoping stock SMGs.

https://m.facebook.com/ShockwaveTec...828.1440312666272452/1683507475286302/?type=3

(I have a Mossberg 500 Bantam that's got a rather short stock, 12.7" I think is the length of pull.)

Thanks, I’m not certain I’ll build it yet but if I do I’ll probably just keep it out of social media. Eventually I need to just get the SBR stamp.

just wanted to double check with you well versed folks first. This is completely legal in Georgia as long as I don’t add and actual stock, right?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...ic-shockwave-pistol-kit-black-5165449130.html
Thanks for posting this, I'm gonna have to see about getting one of these myself.

Absolutely.
^^^^^This^^^^^

No need to. That pistol is legal all day every day unless you live in a communist ****hole like NY.
^^^^^And this 100%^^^^^

Back
Top Bottom