• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Rifle Butt Stock options

davans

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Airborne Infantry
76   0
Reaction score
Ive got a Colt HBAR Elite with a 24” barrel that I’d like to change the A2 Stock. I was thinking about something like the Magpul PRS.
This stock is a Carbine stock, so I’ll have to change the tube buffer and spring. My question is. Will the rifle function with the carbine set up?
Has anyone done it? or should I look into another type of stock?

Check out the UBR stock, I like it better than the PRS for most every type of shooting. I have a UBR Gen 1 it may be better than the Gen 2. Never got a chance to try the Gen 2.

PRS is heavy. UBR also has some weight on it. Both are ok for that barrel length and weight.
You say you want to change the A2 stock - then say it’s a carbine stock. I get confused. But yes - if a carbine stock. - extension, buffer and spring need to change.

PRS is heavy. UBR also has some weight on it. Both are ok for that barrel length and weight.
You say you want to change the A2 stock - then say it’s a carbine stock. I get confused. But yes - if a carbine stock. - extension, buffer and spring need to change.
Sorry, I was not clear. It has the A2 stock. I’d like to put a PSR stock or something like that. The PSR lite stock I was looking at says it’s for carbine rifles.

Sorry, I was not clear. It has the A2 stock. I’d like to put a PSR stock or something like that. The PSR lite stock I was looking at says it’s for carbine rifles.

If you go with the most current generation of the Magpul PRS stock, you can use it with either a rifle or carbine receiver extension.

If you use the PRS Lite, your rifle receiver extension will need swapped out for a standard carbine, or Vltor A5-style, receiver extension.

I'm the Armorer at TruPrep in Marietta. We have all those receiver extensions, and I can do the swap for you while you wait.

If you go with the most current generation of the Magpul PRS stock, you can use it with either a rifle or carbine receiver extension.

If you use the PRS Lite, your rifle receiver extension will need swapped out for a standard carbine, or Vltor A5-style, receiver extension.

I'm the Armorer at TruPrep in Marietta. We have all those receiver extensions, and I can do the swap for you while you wait.
I appreciate that. I had just been reading up on the Vltor buffer system and I’ve got a kit, including the tube coming. Along with the PSR lite stock. If I run into any snags I’ll hit you up.
Thanks again for the help.

I appreciate that. I had just been reading up on the Vltor buffer system and I’ve got a kit, including the tube coming. Along with the PSR lite stock. If I run into any snags I’ll hit you up.
Thanks again for the help.
A5 is the way. I have swapped over almost all my ARs to an a5 system. make sure to use 64/33ms grease on the threads!

Back
Top Bottom