• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR SBR Question

airoot

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
I find myself lusting after high end SBR's - KAC, Larue, LMT, but I have one problem... my 100% PSA 10.5 CHF shorty with a spikes buffer runs like a scalded ape. Suppressed, un suppressed, both full auto (on a buddy's registered lower) and semi. Only malfunction I've had was once on full auto with a bad primer on some crappy Tula steel case. Also, no problems popping 1/4 ipsc silhouettes out to 125 yards with a red dot. Why go for primo rifles when I'm getting such good performance?

Buuuuut, I still want one

I have some BCM products and a Daniel Defense barreled upper and a bunch of PSA stuff- they all work for me and I definitely don't shoot enough to know if one company's products will out perform or out last the others.
But even if I had the extra cash I can't imagine spending Knights Armament level money on something that a BCM or Colt can do for me.

I believe you answered your own question.

^^ This ^^ Leave the big name labels and mil-spec mojo to all the Fanboys. If you have a pieced together SBR that runs 100% suppressed, unsuppressed both on semi and full auto while eating a healthy diet of steel case ammo with decent accuracy, then you're good to go. I wouln't care if it's made out of beer cans and pizza boxes if it's reliable and runs like you say it does. IMO, I'd stock pile ammo while the getting is good. We probably only have about 3 1/2 years to do so before another anti gun Ass Clown is elected.

BTW, which spikes buffer? I could of swore that I read here on the forum that Spikes buffers are garbage and don't work.

Have not heard much on the Spikes buffers, but agree with the other guys s far as you have a workhorse now. But then again, I have never been on to talk anyone out of a gun purchase. As the infamous line goes in the LGS "you need this"

I've got the same rifle - 100% PSA 10.5 CHF except I left the original buffer in the lower. Suppresed, unsuppresed, any ammo - runs beautifully - really don't have anything bad to say about it - going on about 1k rounds through it. Just spend the money elsewhere . . . .

^^ This ^^ Leave the big name labels and mil-spec mojo to all the Fanboys. If you have a pieced together SBR that runs 100% suppressed, unsuppressed both on semi and full auto while eating a healthy diet of steel case ammo with decent accuracy, then you're good to go. I wouln't care if it's made out of beer cans and pizza boxes if it's reliable and runs like you say it does. IMO, I'd stock pile ammo while the getting is good. We probably only have about 3 1/2 years to do so before another anti gun Ass Clown is elected.

BTW, which spikes buffer? I could of swore that I read here on the forum that Spikes buffers are garbage and don't work.

I'm using the tungsten ST-T2 I think it is. Drop one in each of my rifles, I really like them

Back
Top Bottom