• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Sling Options?

i am a blue force fanboy and i have an sl-k stock too on one of my rifles.

i use one of these on the rear sling attachment.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/universal-wire-loop-uwl-3-25.html

if you get the 6" version, you can thread the whole sling through it to create a loop attachment point on the stock.

alternatively, you can buy an iwc qd stock attachment point if that's you're preferred setup.

with m-lok on the front - it's take your pick with many options available. on mine, i use a paraclip and magpul paraclip mount. the reason why i do this is because a) i'm still wary of the qd (sometimes doesn't fully seat if you're in a hurry which equals your rifle unintentionally on the ground) and b) you can clip the paraclip to the bfg loop on the rear creating a one point setup very quickly.

you can also buy a burnsed sling point if you choose qd up front to create the same effect.

i have now four bfg slings in various configurations and they are my go to setup.

i also have a vtac - which is ok - but the pigtail on the front of the sling seems to get in the way. the vtac now gets no use. the bfg sling - again in my opinion - is made of superior materials in a superior design.

I've used the Blue Force Gear, VTAC Padded and the Magpul MS series. Get a QD end plate, and a QD rail attachment. I'm a big fan of adjustable 2 points. Swing by the house and we can play with them.

IMG_9165.JPG
Blue force came in today ! Shoutout to @haymons22 for the qd mount!

I think I have the Blue Force sling with the QD on the stock and a clip style connection with the Magpul ring on the handguard. The QD option is the only way to go for the simple fact that sometimes the sling just gets in the way. At least for me it does. In order to rapid fire at RBGC you have to be in the seated position with the sling employed or in the prone position with sling. If you don't do one of those two you are limited to one shot every ten seconds. So I always have one in my range bag for that simple reason. Blue Force are a little pricey for a simple sling but well worth every penny. You will never have to replace it. Considering the quality it really isn't that bad money wise.

Back
Top Bottom