• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Sling question...

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
So I was looking at slings for my pistol and rifle and some of these darn things are ridiculously expensive. I can understand a hardware upgrade but how can you go from $12 to 95$???
I mean what makes an expensive sling an expensive sling? I'm pretty versed on Fabrics and I can't see justification in the cost, will someone please explain it to me...
I'm definitely going to make my own....

I have the upgraded VTAC sling. Got it from DVOR for like $40 or so, its normally $50 but its good. I'm no expert but in my research before buying it looks like slings like the VTAC and the Slingster (my 2nd choice), allow you to easily open the sling up so you can do strong to weak side transitions, clinch it down closer to the body quickly, etc. That and I dont have any worries about the sling breaking and the rifle falling.

Let me just begin by saying I ain't no kinda tactical operator. I don't like those single point bungie looking slings with the HK style quick release ****. One of my last ARs had an old green sling from an SKS. In fact that was one of my favorite things about the rifle and I kept that sling. My last one was all FDE and I ordered a matching Midway 2 point style.

I usually go with milsurp slings or generic wide nylon . What else do you need?

Back
Top Bottom