• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Stoner COMPLETE upper $169!!! Now OOS

Well I guess they are thinking optics ready carbine kinda thing. If you look at the low profile gas block you can see two pins. So if you want a A2 front sight post it's already pinned for that. A A2 sight post, and hand guard cap would be all you need for a A2 set up or you could just swap out the low profile gas block for a picatinny type gas block. That way you can mount a flip up sight or a low mount fixed sight. For such a low initial cost that would be a very small investment for sight mounting.
Looks like it’s already got the handguard cap, but I can’t tell if that gas block is pinned or just a clamp-on type.

A3D9C2A3-6876-4DB0-B827-361C4BC78E39.png
DEA22350-75AD-4479-9E30-B1364EF503B3.png
37E3879D-DEBB-453D-BF4B-ED4F9EF72DBF.png

Yeah, that might be okay to put together a 'loaner' carbine to let other people shoot, but I wouldnt use that for a primary home defense weapon.
You really do get what you pay for.

It is not pinned. Just set screws. I bought one of these on black Friday. I'm debating what to do with it as far as optics/sights go.

Thanks for that info. I have used the reasonably priced BTE Rail Height gas blocks (non-adjustable) before and that is what I plan to use on a few of these uppers. JSE Surplus has the BTE closeout priced at only $17.50 each (discontinued for new Gen 3 version, I assume), which should be about the same value as the low profile gas block being removed.
BTE_RailHeight_GAsBlock.png

I haven’t shot this one yet so I can’t say. I bought one of these Stoner uppers quite a few years ago. It’s pinned to the lower I have a slide fire stock on. I don’t know a round count but I would guess around 3000 rounds.. The majority of those have been full auto mag dump type of rounds. No complaints. It hasn’t skipped a beat.

Back
Top Bottom