• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Stoner COMPLETE upper $169!!! Now OOS

Ha! I ordered an upper from PSA that was supposed to be minus bcg and ch, but when I opened the box it was a complete upper.
I had a guy tell me that he ordered a complete upper from PSA and received it pretty fast. A few days later another complete upper just like it showed up in the mail.

He double checked his CC statement and they only charged him for one. He did the right thing and called and told them about their mistake. They told him to just keep them both.

SCORE!!!

I had a guy tell me that he ordered a complete upper from PSA and received it pretty fast. A few days later another complete upper just like it showed up in the mail.

He double checked his CC statement and they only charged him for one. He did the right thing and called and told them about their mistake. They told him to just keep them both.

SCORE!!!

Damn that would be awesome! I had already ordered a bcg and ch from AIM, they turned into a whole nother AR lol...

Okay fast306stang fast306stang , you shamed me into opening the box. Actually, I was somewhat shocked. The packaging was excellent, which isn't always the case with Midway's shipping. Inside, the AR Stoner upper was in great condition, even better than I expected and they even included the "brass" from test firing. I was concerned about the gas block after thinking of how it was attached. However, after seeing it, it has a total of 5 set screws, two on each side (about 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock positions) and a single bottom screw. Impressive, in my opinion, and it felt really tight. As a matter of fact, after removing all the screws and oiling it in an attempt to remove it, it took a couple of strong whacks with my rubber mallet for it to budge. The block, tube, and FH were properly positioned/timed, so I think this first one is a keeper for sure.

My first pic below shows how it came once it was all unwrapped. The second picture shows one possible use, with the installation of the BTE rail height single rail gas block and the addition of a SIG SWAT (M400) handguard and rail. If the removed gas block and tube is valued at the same price as the installed gas block and tube (about $30), I will be all in on the updated complete upper in the second picture at under $222 delivered to my door.

The CH looks and feels like typical MILS-SPEC (identical to PSA) and the BCG looks as good as any others I have used (other than the NiB versions) and, again, side by side with PSA, it looks identical (properly staked and MPI stamped bolt). I am indeed a happy camper. If you didn't pick up a few of these, you may have missed one of the best deals in the last few years (comparable to or even better than the Sig M400 upper $249 deal).

ARStoner1.jpg

ARStoner2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom