• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR style 9mm pistols - what to buy? Keltec Sub2000?

For me the fold up feature and lightweight are the Sub 2000 strengths. I have 1400+ rounds downrange with mine. If you can live with the lower sight setup situation you'll be good to go. Due to it's extremely light weight you will notice that there is recoil to it. Keep in mind it's not a heavy duty battle weapon. If you deem the fold up feature not needed,mount a red dot.. on the.top rail. Beware of the offset red dot mount set up. I tried it for awhile. For a righthand shooter it directs the gases from the ejection port right into your face. ,even with eye pro. I see alot of people use the offset setup but I doubt they actually shoot them !!!

And even
20170309_135202.jpg
though they have plastic sights I've not seen any break off.

And evenView attachment 1424129 though they have plastic sights I've not seen any break off.
I'm really not trying to bash them lol I promise, but I'll power through this... I broke my gen 1's front sight off, since I bought it used Keltec would not warranty it. Called lots of times and tried to get a different person to give me a different answer. So I purchased the replacement sight from them and they sent me instructions on how to install it. I gave it all to the dude I sold it to then proceeded to sell my pf9 and p3at. I think I actually had two PF9's.

I'm really not trying to bash them lol I promise, but I'll power through this... I broke my gen 1's front sight off, since I bought it used Keltec would not warranty it. Called lots of times and tried to get a different person to give me a different answer. So I purchased the replacement sight from them and they sent me instructions on how to install it. I gave it all to the dude I sold it to then proceeded to sell my pf9 and p3at. I think I actually had two PF9's.
Interested to know how you broke the sight, so I can try to avoid similar damage to my Gen1.

Interested to know how you broke the sight, so I can try to avoid similar damage to my Gen1.
It just kind of came loose. I don't think it was very secure from the guy I bought it from. Pretty sure all my threads are still on here. It was sometime in 2012. Sorry not trying to derail the thread or bash keltec. If they had a pistol sub2k I'd probably still buy it but I'd buy new.

It just kind of came loose. I don't think it was very secure from the guy I bought it from. Pretty sure all my threads are still on here. It was sometime in 2012. Sorry not trying to derail the thread or bash keltec. If they had a pistol sub2k I'd probably still buy it but I'd buy new.
Thanks, something I'll look at on mine.

I agree that a handgun makes more sense for home defense.

I’m going fer a longer (hold on with two hands) gun cuz I think they are safer and more fun for a new shooter.

The Keltec has me interested cuz it sounds like it’s gonna be much lighter than an AR frame pistol. And dirt cheep too. I hope the Keltec sights and trigger don’t scare me off.

Plenty of Keltec Sub 2000 upgrades to be found here (https://www.mcarbo.com/), including a $30 trigger kit that will reduce the pull down to 5 lbs.

I have an AR9 SBR, but for what you're talking about, I'd also recommend the Sub 2000.

Back
Top Bottom