• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR style 9mm pistols - what to buy? Keltec Sub2000?

I was truly surprised to see so many positive S2K owner comments! I love mine, too. Very glad you found a solution that works for you. I hope you find a reasonable solution to the strong recoil spring issue. When I got mine, I was told to leave the charging handle back when the S2K is stored to help compress the spring a bit for the first year. It helps. Hope that advice helps you.

Gen II 9mm Glock Sub-2000
The factory open sights are way to low for me, and I don't care for offset red dot sights.
My solution: Mount the Holosun RDS on the tall riser that is included with the RDS, and put that on a 5/8" riser. This set-up works for me, and it's a real pleasure to shoot. The recoil pad isn't for recoil, it covers up the sharp edges of the plastic butt stock and adds some LOP. I added the heavy brass bolt for suppressor use.

It's decent gun for the money, and just about anyone can shoot it.
IMG_5857.JPG

IMG_5858.JPG

If it doesn't have to be a 9mm the KelTec SU16B is a great little gun. It folds up into a nice little back pack gun and take AR mags. It's a .223/5.56 but that ammo is cheaper than dirt except for the online Store ( Cheaper Than Dirt ) their prices and shipping are horrible. Back to the subject at hand. It hold two 10 round extra mags in the stock and still folds up and locks on to the barrel. Take a look at them. I have had two and I love those little guns. They are a piston driven system and are not a real long gun. You can put a nice little 4x prism sight on it and you have a nice little plinker that doubles as a bug out gum. I sold both of mine for the cash to finish some high dollar AR builds. They were 800 bucks when they came out but they can be had for under 500 now. Great little guns. I tried firing it as fast as I could one day and those are the fastest shooting guns there are. Back up shot are almost immediate. I would venture to say they shoot as fast as a 22 semi auto gun and for a 5.56 that's saying something. They would also make a very nice home defense set up with a nice red dot and light. their customer service is awesome. My first one my son let fall out of the safe on the the ground which was concrete at the time cause I moved it into the garage because we were moving shortly, and broke the front sight post. I called and explained the situation and ask if they needed the part for verification. All they wanted was my address and they shipped me a new complete sight post even though I didn't need the whole part and a hat and extra 10 round mag that stores in the stock.
kel_su-16b.jpg

I highly recommend them and I think you would love it. They are accurate, light and enough punch to take deer and most any other game animal in the south east. The hand guards also fold down into a built in bi-pod. If you look closely you can see the little locks about three inches in front of the receivers. Just nice little flexible guns. Go to a gun shop and put you hands on one I really think you will be impressed with all the features you get at such a decent price. I plan on getting another one as soon as I wrap up the current projects I have working now.

Back
Top Bottom