• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Trigger Upgrade???

I take it you dont have Colt do you? My Colt trigger felts just as good as my ALG trigger. I'd like to give that Larue trigger a try as I've heard good things about it.

That's not the norm though. I have felt Colt triggers that were just as gritty feeling as PSA FCG's. Nearly all the Colts that were new have felt this way to me.

I see a lot said about a "two stage" but I don't see anything said about a "single stage". Is there a single stage or is that just the standard milspec? What does a two stage trigger do that is different?
Haven't seen Timney mentioned yet. They have a single stage triggers from #3 to #4.5 lbs. $190 is in your budget. Very, very nice single stage trigger.

That's not the norm though. I have felt Colt triggers that were just as gritty feeling as PSA FCG's. Nearly all the Colts that were new have felt this way to me.

I guess with a mass produced rifle theres various degrees of quality but I've heard of others having good triggers with their Colt.

I have a Rise Armament trigger that I have had no problems with and it is super smooth at 3.5 lbs. It is a drop in so easy to install and very affordable if you shop around.

I don't have time to view all of the comments... this being said

Keep your stock trigger and try this for $11 before dumping $ into something you might not shoot often...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/57...igger-spring-kit-ar-15-3-1-2-lb-reduced-power

I have a set of those on my workbench. I'll sell/sale/sail them for cheap if anyone is interested. I installed them in my rifle and it was light strike city. I know guys who have had good success with them, but it didn't work for me.

The easy install is the drop in unit. The inexpensive way it the JP enterprises adj. trigger with reduced power springs. If you are like me and stay away from the overseas ammo they work great. Takes a few trys to get it the way you like it but you save 100 or more dollars. Overseas ammo have hardend primers and can present a problem with the reduced power springs. When adjusted right the JP system is just delicious. About a 2.5 lb break, excellent for all out accuracy.

We've got CMC, Timney, AR Gold, and assorted others tossed in a box. Have a gunsmith do a good trigger job with set screws for over/ under travel for $60(ish) dollars and carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoted for truth, hell even the DD single stages are a bit gritty roughly half the time in my experience. Most people who only own one, shoot one, and don't have a ton of experience may not notice but there is a difference usually across all makers, some across their own platforms.

Back
Top Bottom