• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Trigger Upgrade???

Just throwing it out there a good nickle boron trigger set up is nice. Combine that with a reduced power spring set from JPE will give you a smooth lighter than mil-spec fire control group. I have a few set ups like this and it's a smooth break with no gritty feel. It's about 60 bucks for a spikes NIB trigger set and about 12 bucks for the JP Enterprises reduced power springs. For 70 bucks you will get a nice smooth 4 to 4.5 lb. pull. I have a couple like this and I see no reason to change them out. You really can't beat the price and it's a clean break. Seeing that some triggers from the factory can be as high as 8 lbs. You will definitely feel a big difference over a run of the mill lower parts kit trigger. Just an idea. I see a lot of drop in triggers for sale all the time. That should tell you something.

I have a BCM PNT trigger and it's no better than a standard mil-spec IMO. I'd go Geissele G2S or Larue MBT. The G2S feels every bit as good as the SSA, but is cheaper. The MBT is about 95% as good as the G2S, but not quite. When the MBT goes on sale for $99 with the action chassis, it's a no-brainer. At regular price I'd go G2S.

Just put the AGL ACT into my Savage MSR last night and it's a nice upgrade for $40. The Velocity trigger is pretty impressive as well for 1/2 - 1/3 the price of the big boys.

Just throwing it out there a good nickle boron trigger set up is nice. Combine that with a reduced power spring set from JPE will give you a smooth lighter than mil-spec fire control group. I have a few set ups like this and it's a smooth break with no gritty feel. It's about 60 bucks for a spikes NIB trigger set and about 12 bucks for the JP Enterprises reduced power springs. For 70 bucks you will get a nice smooth 4 to 4.5 lb. pull. I have a couple like this and I see no reason to change them out. You really can't beat the price and it's a clean break. Seeing that some triggers from the factory can be as high as 8 lbs. You will definitely feel a big difference over a run of the mill lower parts kit trigger. Just an idea. I see a lot of drop in triggers for sale all the time. That should tell you something.
Is this the Spikes Battle Trigger Set you're referring to?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom