• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Trigger Upgrade???

I don't have time to view all of the comments... this being said

Keep your stock trigger and try this for $11 before dumping $ into something you might not shoot often...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/57...igger-spring-kit-ar-15-3-1-2-lb-reduced-power

^^^^^This^^^^^ just do some polishing drop these in with the hand grip set screw mod and your good to go. Did it to all of mine and have people ask me ALL the time which custom trigger I have. If your not gonna be competing then this is your best option for the money. Zero creep no Grit and I have had 100% primer ignition. That and a 3lb trigger make it a winner in my book. Also, notice I said polishing and no stoning to the internals. Unless you know what you are doing.

I stopped by Gables, in Douglasville, and found the Blackhawk basic GI sling that I was looking for, so now my A2 semi-clone is finally complete (pending trigger replacement). Both sights are removable, as it sports a YHM picatinny gas block.
DSCF0994.JPG

But I also found that they have a couple of the new Ruger trigger assemblies on hand ($129.99). I tested the trigger out, as it is installed in a polymer body just for that purpose. And I must say that I am very impressed with the break on the Ruger. It is supposedly set at 4.5 lbs., but I wouldn't know the difference, except that I can say it is definitely lighter than anything that I have owned recently. I am very impressed with it.

But... I fail to understand the concept of it's two stage construction. Is the first stage really just having a slight, yet predictable, amount of pre-travel prior to the click? If all the 1st stage is, is taking up some slack, then how does that really add any benefit to the clean break of a quality trigger?

I live in Acworth. I will bring my ACT-JP set up and another partial build with a stock mil spec trigger out a mil spec lower part kit with me. You bring your rifle and try all three and get a feel for my set up and make an educated decision from there. At least you gave it a try and don't order something wondering if you made the right choice. We can meet half way. It might cost 4 gallons of gas to meet half way but you will know beyond a shadow of a dought what you are passing up when you order a 300 dollar drop in. Just look at all the reccommendations for the ALG product on this thread alone. That should tell you something. I will be more than happy to accomadate you with this decision and I never a pass the oportunity to shoot the firearm breeze with a fellow member. If you want to meet real quick text me at 404-437-9592.

If you order the right spring kit you get a set of reduced power springs and a set of what they call tactical springs. Getting to light with your trigger can be a safety issue in some circumstances. The real touchy set ups are for very long range competition shooting and not reccommended for general purpose rifles. One wrong bump and bang bang.

If you order the right spring kit you get a set of reduced power springs and a set of what they call tactical springs. Getting to light with your trigger can be a safety issue in some circumstances. The real touchy set ups are for very long range competition shooting and not reccommended for general purpose rifles. One wrong bump and bang bang.

Bingo Bango
Unless you want to hand load with Federal primers to avoid light strikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never had any issues with any American Made ammo. It's the overseas stuff that can present a problem. However, it's a one in a hundred failure to fire with that ammo as well. I don't run any overseas ammo anyway so no problems.

The only answer is Larue MBT. The fire control set is made of tool steel. It is a great two stage trigger that will not shift pull with time. I think they are on sale for 99. They are regularly 125 with ship later option.

The reason that's holding me back from trying a drop in unit is the performance I get from the combo mentioned above. It's so smooth and light I can't imagine needing anything lighter. My trigger set up allows me to shoot .385 100 yard groups with my self built AR10 in .308.. I will have to admit that when I had the stock mil spec trigger in that gun i tended to pull the rifle slightly off center trying to get the trigger to break. Now it just takes a tiniest bit of effort to reach the break. No where near what it would take to move the rifle off center. Sometimes the answer is not ( just throw a lot of money in it ) to achieve the disired effect.

Back
Top Bottom