• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR trigger

BIGLEW

Air Force Icon Supporter
AKA: BIG PRETTY - BDR1
446   0
Reaction score
I'm currently running a Rock River Arms stage 2 trigger. I'm looking to get into a different set up, nothing too fancy. Just a good solid mil-spec trigger. What do you guys recommend?

I'm no where near operator status either my friend. But last trip out I was triple tapping on one trigger squeeze. Cool to me, not the range owner.

This will be a simple trigger, used to poke holes through paper.

I'm no where near operator status either my friend. But last trip out I was triple tapping on one trigger squeeze. Cool to me, not the range owner.

This will be a simple trigger, used to poke holes through paper.

The Rock River Arms NM 2-stage is known to have problems when they get some miles on them.

Geissele triggers are my favorite, and they’re on sale right now. They’re normally $240, but it’s a great sale.

For a general purpose/defensive gun I recommend the Geissele SSA. On sale for $156.

For a purely range gun, I recommend the Geissele SSA-E for a 2-stage and the SSP for a single stage. They’re on sale for $156 and $168, respectively.

https://geissele.com/rifle-parts/lower-parts/triggers.html

Do you prefer a 2 stage trigger? Match shooters (High Power) tend to prefer them over single stage and "run & gun" pew pew pew shooters seem to like the single stage. What will you be using the rifle for?

Do you prefer a 2 stage trigger? Match shooters (High Power) tend to prefer them over single stage and "run & gun" pew pew pew shooters seem to like the single stage. What will you be using the rifle for?

For my general purpose “Run n’ gun” AR’s I prefer a 2-stage, while I prefer a single-stage trigger on my precision rifles. Go figger..........

The Rock River Arms NM 2-stage is known to have problems when they get some miles on them.

Geissele triggers are my favorite, and they’re on sale right now. They’re normally $240, but it’s a great sale.

For a general purpose/defensive gun I recommend the Geissele SSA. On sale for $156.

For a purely range gun, I recommend the Geissele SSA-E for a 2-stage and the SSP for a single stage. They’re on sale for $156 and $168, respectively.

https://geissele.com/rifle-parts/lower-parts/triggers.html

I was hoping you'd chime in sir. Very much respect what you have to say on this. I'd say there is around 3k rounds on it. I also just got this email:

Screenshot_20191129-172333~2.png

Is that what you are talking about?

Straight up range time. Putting holes in paper no father than 100 yards.

I was hoping you'd chime in sir. Very much respect what you have to say on this. I'd say there is around 3k rounds on it. I also just got this email:

View attachment 2381852

Is that what you are talking about?

Straight up range time. Putting holes in paper no father than 100 yards.

That’s the trigger I use on my general purpose/real use carbines. It’s a great trigger.

Personally, for a range-only gun I would purchase the single-stage SSP, but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom