• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR trouble

Gunlooker12

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
I have an AR lower pistol from Palmetto State and the lower was built by them. I did add the KNS trigger pin system, due to the pins backing out on a different build. Went to shoot it for the first time and it will shoot 1 round, then the trigger is locked. Once you flip on the safety, you can almost feel the trigger assemble shift slightly. Once placed back on fire, it will shoot 1 round and then the same issue happens. I am not an AR pro, so any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

You must have gotten one of their California versions, lol.

Sounds like the disconnector is not installed right. Take the upper off and try to operate the trigger while holding the hammer with your other hand. See if the disconnector is releasing when you let off the trigger. The sear should engage and the disconnector should release.

You must have gotten one of their California versions, lol.

Sounds like the disconnector is not installed right. Take the upper off and try to operate the trigger while holding the hammer with your other hand. See if the disconnector is releasing when you let off the trigger. The sear should engage and the disconnector should release.

Make sure your springs are installed correctly too. I had a similar issue on one and it turned out to be the hammer spring was installed backwards... :doh:

^^ check your hammer spring and make sure it is on the correct side. If you took out the FCG, very easy to get the hammer spring on wrong side. Open up the receiver and make sure that the hoop is on the back side of the hammer.

Also.....DON'T fire the hammer forward without using your hand or something else to stop the hammer from striking your lower or you risk breaking it.....steel slamming against aluminum is a bad combo and I've seen cracked lowers before.

Back
Top Bottom