• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Upper Modification

I just recently did this to a carbine length which had a non F-marked base to install a Troy rail.
Pretty easy and fun project.
I left the gas tube installed in base to eliminate a step.
If you are very careful and comfortable with cut off wheel, you can perform this without removing the barrel.

I just recently did this to a carbine length which had a non F-marked base to install a Troy rail.
Pretty easy and fun project.
I left the gas tube installed in base to eliminate a step.
If you are very careful and comfortable with cut off wheel, you can perform this without removing the barrel.
Easy breezy :0)

It's a pretty easy project to do yourself. I take a hacksaw and cut the triangle part right off. Then just use a grinder and form the rest into a low profile gas block. I've done several and I don't do it because I'm too cheap to buy a low profile gas block, I do it because it's easy and it's just about the strongest possible gas block you can have. No way I would replace my tapered pinned gas block with a set screw gas block, that would be a downgrade.

It's a pretty easy project to do yourself. I take a hacksaw and cut the triangle part right off. Then just use a grinder and form the rest into a low profile gas block. I've done several and I don't do it because I'm too cheap to buy a low profile gas block, I do it because it's easy and it's just about the strongest possible gas block you can have. No way I would replace my tapered pinned gas block with a set screw gas block, that would be a downgrade.

Absolutely this!

Back
Top Bottom