• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Upper Modification

If that’s a FSB that’s pinned, don’t go down in quality by replacing it with a set screw gas block. Best bet is to cut the FSB down, second option is to replace it with a gas block that is pinned.

I’m in Dallas near Acworth. If you want to bring it over to my place, I’ll cut it down while you wait. I’ll smooth it all up and cold blue it. I’ve done countless over the years and they all turned out perfect.

I also have a specialty pinned gas block that is specifically made to replace a pinned FSB and cover up the unused pin hole. We can go either way.

Whichever method you decide, I won’t charge you for the labor. If you want to use the pinned gas block that I have, I’ll just charge you for the part.

If needed, I have gas tubes and pins, as well.

Like this?...we did one for a customer awhile back that didnt want to remove the gas block...to do a freefloat, he would had to remove the barrel nut requiring the gas block to be removed

20190419_164537.jpg

It sounds like you just have a simple barrel mounted front sight. Just leave it off and put a front sight on the hand guard. They make a few different heights of the front iron sight. You need to make sure and get the right one if you have a rear sight already. If you don't have a rear sight then just put a matched set ( not necessarily sold in the same pack ) and mount those. That will give you easy access to your gas block and leave you with a set of iron sights as well. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom