• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR10 magazines?

Those of you running Magpul did you buy the M118LR version or is the standard version working for you?

I should be shooting mostly 175gr SMK and maybe some of the new Hornady ELR stuff when I get around to finding some..

Those of you running Magpul did you buy the M118LR version or is the standard version working for you?

I should be shooting mostly 175gr SMK and maybe some of the new Hornady ELR stuff when I get around to finding some..

I wasn’t even aware there were 2 different flavors of that magazine. I’m sure mine are the “standard” mags and I run M118LR regularly.

I ordered a few mags from Pro Mag and they are medal mags. They will hold up very well and the mag walls are thinner as opposed to the thick polymer walls of the Magpul mags. They are very well built mags and will hold a longer round as well and work perfectly. They are really reasonably priced as well. Give them a try and I think you will be right on track. As a matter of fact I don't think I have a polymer mag for mine. I use medal mags only. I have never had an issue with mine and I have never had a round that wouldn't load or created a problem for me.

dpms-sr-25-308-win-20rd-black-phosphate-steel-magazine.jpg
Promag Industries LR308 20 round mag. 31.99 cost. They also have a 10 rounder as well.

And yes there are two different designs of AR10 magazines. You have the SR/LR style mags. However they both work in each other. There is a Galil mag that looks almost exactly the same but is made for the 7.62x54R round.

Back
Top Bottom