• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 Small Parts

DirtySouth

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
233   1
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that instead of having multiple AR's, if I would be better served with one lower and maybe two uppers with spare parts. My question is where do you guys source your spares from? Any suggestions as to what a man may need spares of? I am talking about all the springs, gas tubes, etc...

Thanks in advance.

1. All the springs

2. Spare pins for the lower receiver. All the pins.

3. Extractor and bolt

4. Firing pin and FP retaining pin

5. Gas rings

6. Gas tubes and pins

7. Bolt cam pin

A complete LPK isn’t a bad idea, and another reason why I’m not a fan of the cartridge-type triggers. More than once, I’ve replaced a part in the trigger group before and had a rifle back up and running, instead of scrapping the entire trigger group and replacing it.

1. All the springs

2. Spare pins for the lower receiver. All the pins.

3. Extractor and bolt

4. Firing pin and FP retaining pin

5. Gas rings

6. Gas tubes and pins

7. Bolt cam pin

A complete LPK isn’t a bad idea, and another reason why I’m not a fan of the cartridge-type triggers. More than once, I’ve replaced a part in the trigger group before and had a rifle back up and running, instead of scrapping the entire trigger group and replacing it.

I was hoping you'd respond to this thread. Now that I have a list, do you have a particular vendor that you source all of your parts from?

I was hoping you'd respond to this thread. Now that I have a list, do you have a particular vendor that you source all of your parts from?

Not really. I like parts from BCM, Colt, CMMG, SOLGW, and similar. You can check directly with those companies, and also at vendors like Brownell’s, Midway USA, Primary Arms, DSG Arms, Big Daddy Unlimited, etc.

I have come to the conclusion that instead of having multiple AR's, if I would be better served with one lower and maybe two uppers with spare parts. My question is where do you guys source your spares from? Any suggestions as to what a man may need spares of? I am talking about all the springs, gas tubes, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Before, the Craziness, the Gun show has a Parts dealer, with everything you need. From Small to large. Not, that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom