• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 Trigger Upgrade - Need ODT Advice

I have Geiselle SSA-E, SD-E, CMC single stage 3.5 and Black Rain DIT single stage. I'm not disappointed in any of them. The 2 stage Geiselle's are on accuracy oriented rifles and the single stage are on guns built for speed. I do have two ALG-ACT triggers that I will sell you for a great deal if you want them. They are factory take off triggers from my Barrett Rec7's.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ALG ACT now comes with 2 sets of springs for $65. Purple springs are noticeably lighter than the tan one. I have these triggers in several AR's and really like them. They are not as nice as the high $$ ones, but for normal use they work fine and much better than stock.

ALG ACT (Which is actually a "quality" Mil-Spec Trigger)

Why? It is truly a very, very good trigger at an affordable price. AND, Better is often the enemy of Good-Enough!

Also consider: If you ever have the misfortune of having a weapon involved in a firearms accident or worse ...
ANYTHING you have done to it beyond "stock" will be used as ... "a nail in your coffin" ... Say you sell it to someone and they have an unfortunate event ... Get the picture?

ALG Defense is the best low-budget and way batter than run of the mill triggers. CMC is my choice and POF makes a sweet little drop in. Lots of choices. I'm a plinker not a competition shooter so that's my opinion.
Agree 100%

I'm a CMC guy... have 4 of them... but just picked up the ALG ACT... not too shabby. A nice improvement over Milspec... and 40% less than something like a CMC.

For anyone on a budget... I wouldnt hesitate to use the ALG.

Honestly, the ALG is probably more robust... especially in suppressed applications... more room for the gunk to work its way out.

ALG ACT (Which is actually a "quality" Mil-Spec Trigger)

You are thinking of the ALG QMS (quality mil spec for $45 and not a bad trigger). The ACT has been coated and with tan springs it meets minimum trigger weight standards with nice, smooth pull and feels lighter. The nice thing about the ACT trigger is that they are very consistent trigger to trigger. I have them in my hunting guns and basically the only differences are the grips. These are not anywhere as nice as Geissele triggers, but you can buy 3-4 for same price. BTW, Integrity Arms has a setup on the counter with a Geissele and ACT trigger side by side for comparison and there is a noticeable difference.

Back
Top Bottom