• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 Trigger Upgrade - Need ODT Advice

Hmmm, was kinda leaning toward the Geissele as I know the products are excellent. Then I read this:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Geissele-Automatics-EI_IE685308.11,30.htm

Lots of great products out there. Would feel better about supporting a company that takes care of its employees. Anyone can go online and rant about their job, but there were a few common threads among the complaints (poor work conditions/air quality and an owner that constantly keeps people in fear of losing their jobs). Not ruling them out,, but disappointed to read the Glassdoor reviews. Then again, Glassdoor can be a disgruntled ex-employee's best friend.

Hmmm, was kinda leaning toward the Geissele as I know the products are excellent. Then I read this:

https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Geissele-Automatics-EI_IE685308.11,30.htm

Lots of great products out there. Would feel better about supporting a company that takes care of its employees. Anyone can go online and rant about their job, but there were a few common threads among the complaints (poor work conditions/air quality and an owner that constantly keeps people in fear of losing their jobs). Not ruling them out just yet, but disappointed to read the Glassdoor reviews.
Well... most of the other companies out there aren't large enough to even have a Glassdoor page... so you won't really have a way to compare.

They make a good product, so I'll buy it. And technically ALG... is a separate enterprise... with different bosses as I understand it...so just get the ALG ;)

The free market will sort out something like this eventually... if the employee turnover remains high... they'll have to keep throwing money at the problem to get people in there.. so while the dude may be an a-hole.. I bet the wages keep going up and up as they cycle through people.

upload_2017-3-29_15-32-52.png

Well... most of the other companies out there aren't large enough to even have a Glassdoor page... so you won't really have a way to compare.

They make a good product, so I'll buy it. And technically ALG... is a separate enterprise... with different bosses as I understand it...so just get the ALG ;)

The free market will sort out something like this eventually... if the employee turnover remains high... they'll have to keep throwing money at the problem to get people in there.. so while the dude may be an a-hole.. I bet the wages keep going up and up as they cycle through people.

View attachment 1117138

Yeah, true enough. I don't work in corporate America anymore as I've been self-employed for decades. So, I don't usually read sites like Glassdoor. It just popped up as I was doing some research on their triggers. I love the thought of buying American made products, but dislike the thought of supporting companies that mistreat their employees.

After seeing this, I went and read reviews on two of my favorite companies, Sig & Sturm Ruger. I've always had outstanding customer service from both companies, but they scored marginally on Glassdoor. So that tells me the site, while legit, can be a place to just complain about your circumstance. Other side of that coin is a lot of companies get their employees to go online and say nice things so it drives down the ratio of negative remarks. In the end, we'll never know for sure I suppose.

The Wilson was the most budget friendly with a nice crisp break, the CMC has a nice break and reset, but seems to sit a little higher putting just enough pressure on the upper to make it a little more difficult to disengage the take down pins for removing the upper. The Geisseli is a great 2 stage but you will pay. The Wilson TTU was well under a $100 when I bought

The Wilson was the most budget friendly with a nice crisp break, the CMC has a nice break and reset, but seems to sit a little higher putting just enough pressure on the upper to make it a little more difficult to disengage the take down pins for removing the upper. The Geisseli is a great 2 stage but you will pay. The Wilson TTU was well under a $100 when I bought

269.99 now for the ttu!

Back
Top Bottom