• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 triggers

cru9

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
69   0
Reaction score
I am building a nice AR15 and want something different than mil-spec trigger. Any recommendations?

Been looking at Geissele SSA two stage and Centurion Arms AST two stage.

If you don't want to spend a whole bunch of money a ALG ACT nickel boron trigger is 79 bucks even cheaper if you catch them on sale. If you don't run a lot of overseas Surplus ammo with hard primers you can pair that trigger with a set of JP reduced power springs and come out with a 4lb. Trigger and it is a great set up. It's my go to trigger for most of my builds. If you are just setting up a match or accurate target set up then the Geissele is a wonderful trigger. I do have a CMC drop in trigger in on of my .223 wylde guns and it's a 3.5 lb. job and has no noticeable creep, a short reset and is a really good set up for the money. There is a guy on here that sells them for 110 bucks. The AR-15 I have it in has a BA Hanson barrel and with that drop in it is just a joy to shoot. There are several options you don't have to pay $200 or $300 for and still get a trigger that is leaps and bounds over a gritty, heavy, extremely rough mil-spec unit. If you really want a Geissele hold off and wait to one that is used to come up for sale and save yourself a ton of money. There are Die Hard Geissele guys but I see a lot of guys selling their Geissele and going with less expensive units. If you are just running a range gun/ home defense set up anything more than the ALG ACT with JP springs is just Overkill but it's all personal preference it's just what you really want to put on your gun. I think a lot of guys will agree me with the ALG ACT trigger is dynamic trigger for most average rifles especially considering the savings you reap. Leaves good money on the table for another upgrade. However if you don't mind dropping the coin the you can't go wrong with a Geissele unit. I use to buy and put them in all my guns but found out that there were cheaper triggers that suited my needs just fine.

1668865292212.png

LINK

What are you building, for what purpose? I know you mentioned two stage trigger..

I enjoy the 3.5lb Rise RA-140 single stage and the Geissele ssa for two stage if you plan on doing more precise longer shots.
The Geissele triggers have gotten ridiculously expensive over the past year or so. The Rise are about 100$.

What are you building, for what purpose? I know you mentioned two stage trigger..

I enjoy the 3.5lb Rise RA-140 single stage and the Geissele ssa for two stage if you plan on doing more precise longer shots.
The Geissele triggers have gotten ridiculously expensive over the past year or so. The Rise are about 100$.
This. Single stage hard to beat the Rave 140. I have more expensive SS triggers but they are "meh."

Hi power rifle or precision shooting it's hard to beat the Geissele Super Semi Automatic. Or SSA-E.

Being basically lazy, I like these drop-in modules. Not being a fan of too light trigger pulls, these work great for me.
Can usually catch them on sale somewhere.

Geissele has been on sale and is the best trigger. The larue mbt has a clean break but a spongy reset. For a polished milspec trigger the bcm is hard to beat. I have a new one I might part with if you are interested.

If you're not in a hurry Primary Arms and some other dealers have been putting Geissele SSA and SSA-E on sale for $155 from time to time. That is lowest price on those in years and well worth it. I have the SSA in every AR I own except for one. My JP LRP-07 has a Geissele SSP.

Back
Top Bottom