• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ar9 trouble feeding

Does it do it for the entire mag or just at first? maybe the spring is pushing them up to fast. I had a similar problem with a different caliber but it was the ramps would hang up on softer lead, FMJ ran with no problem.

I’m all for collective thoughts, especially if issues are this common. There’s no reason these can’t run reliably.

I personally have the issue all
The time at random. Round nose ball ammo feeds fine, mostly just flat faced stuff. I run 147g fmj and hollow points in everything I have.

Working on getting this figured out, I believe the lrbho is interfering and I need to look at the BCG face after work. Spoke with NFA and they said both the stop and lrbho may need adjustment and Macon is also looking at pictures to see if he sees anything.

As for buying another gun. No thank you. I already have enough time into machining the lower and making an extension to get the law tactical folder to be compatible. Also too much money. I will get this to work, just a matter of looking at every aspect. Just thought I’d see if anyone’s has this and figured it out. Seems to be most people just throw in the towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would just run the bullets that the gun likes.

If you consider the bullet as the problem, it is easier to accept.

The 147 HP is way out on the end of the bullet profile spectrum.

I recently got some wolf steel case ammo and they dont get stuck at all... soft brass getting hung up

I run everything suppressed, which is why I run 147 fmj and HP in everything I have. There’s no reason why it shouldn’t run 147 and if it’s not working with that. It’s a small step away from running 115 ball ammo, which it also isn’t reliable with. I’ll get it to work right, just want to finish up two other projects so all my attention can be put on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom