• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ARCA Bag Plate

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
260   0
Reaction score
Just put together a 5.56 AR-15 platform for varmint hunting and I used a full length ARCA handguard. My question is, out of all the available options out there for ARCA bag plates, which one makes the most sense for this use case:
  • Not so large and heavy that it can't be easily fielded
  • Easy to adjust in the dark
  • Quick adjustment
  • Quiet adjustment/operation
  • Low snag
  • Can be used with various style bags and fills (Or is there one that seems perfect as is?)
  • I am OK with buy once cry once but I also am ok with finding the point of diminishing returns. Either/or is gtg

I use a Area 419 bag plate for shooting NRL 22 with a Cole dbag and I like it for shooting off ladders/ barricades.
For varmint hunting I just use a tripod clamped to the ARCA it works standing ,seating or kneeling if need be .

I use a Area 419 bag plate for shooting NRL 22 with a Cole dbag and I like it for shooting off ladders/ barricades.
For varmint hunting I just use a tripod clamped to the ARCA it works standing ,seating or kneeling if need be .
I've got the tripods covered. I'll probably use a combination of the two. Area419 seems pretty popular. I'm wondering if some of the plates with accept RRS release style clamps.

I settled on a coletac backbone with flat bag. After having and trying a number, it served the purposes I wanted and is not obnoxiously heavy and packs pretty easily
I ended up with the precision underground recon micro+rail base. I really needed as small/light as possible. I will let you know what I think when it arrives unless you have already had experience with that one.

I ended up with the precision underground recon micro+rail base. I really needed as small/light as possible. I will let you know what I think when it arrives unless you have already had experience with that one.
That’s probably the best bet for what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom