• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are any of you small game only hunters?

clisbyclark

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
14   0
Reaction score
Now that deer season is just about done, I'm going to get out and do some rabbit and squirrel hunting. Never really got into the big game though. Am I nuts or does anyone else share the same sentiment? If so, please tell why.

I don’t big game hunt. Have basically no interest. I enjoy seeing others take good deer and the like. I might turkey hunt two or three times each spring, but if their not red hot, I’m headed to do something else. I personally wingshoot, and that’s my passion. Starting with doves and then on to waterfowl and quail or woodcook. I ran coon dogs for several years but it became to much to work all day and hunt half the night. That being said. To this day if I get the chance to go listen to pack of beagles run.... I’m in!! Me and the old 28ga with a dose of 6 shot!!

I plan to give squirrel and rabbit a try for the first time this year. Ive deer and dove hunted for years but am looking to branch out more now. In the coming weeks, I plan to try squirrel, rabbit and some duck hunting in the mix. Then, onto turkey season.

Ill be at Redlands for most of this hunting.

I don’t big game hunt. Have basically no interest. I enjoy seeing others take good deer and the like. I might turkey hunt two or three times each spring, but if their not red hot, I’m headed to do something else. I personally wingshoot, and that’s my passion. Starting with doves and then on to waterfowl and quail or woodcook. I ran coon dogs for several years but it became to much to work all day and hunt half the night. That being said. To this day if I get the chance to go listen to pack of beagles run.... I’m in!! Me and the old 28ga with a dose of 6 shot!!
Do you hunt woodcock with a dog?
I was getting my harness and stuff together the other morning and counted 5 that flew over or walked out in the logging road as I got ready. I’ve been hearing them Peenting since mid-November.

Do you hunt woodcock with a dog?
I was getting my harness and stuff together the other morning and counted 5 that flew over or walked out in the logging road as I got ready. I’ve been hearing them Peenting since mid-November.

I wish I did! I’ve shot a few. Tough to hunt. Tough to hit. Taste like liver.

Back
Top Bottom