• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are my AR15 gas rings messed up? Or is this correct?

replace the gas rings, they are cheap. if it keeps eating up your gas rings, you have a bad bolt. don't keep running it or the bolt can get stuck on a live round.

Failure to eject or extract if eject check your bolt ejector spring dirty or stuck depress to see if theres good movement if not replace the kit comes with a pins thats slightly bent make sure its installed from the right side....hope this helps

Does it eject fine, firing a single round(one loaded in mag)

Shooting subs, supers or both?

What buffer weight are you running?

I didn't have any issues shooting with just one round in the mag.

I've only shoot super s through it.

I believe it is a carbine buffer (whatever came with the shockwave brace/tube kit).

I didn't have any issues shooting with just one round in the mag.

I've only shoot super s through it.

I believe it is a carbine buffer (whatever came with the shockwave brace/tube kit).

Don't mess with 300aac, so this is a bit of a guess. I think it's cycling too fast. Try taking the can off with the supers, shooting subs, or going heavier on the buffer and see if it any of that works.

a works, but I needz my can
B I haven't shot subs yet
C I have a heavier buffer in, haven't tried it yet.

If A works then it's the extra pressure/bolt speed causing the issue. Slow down the cyclic rate with heavier buffer, stiffer spring.

Get some subs and go as heavy as you can until the subs don't lock back, then back off a little. Hopefully the supers then function reliably.

If you have a good camera that'll do slow motion video, like an iPhone, have someone video the ejection port while you shoot it. I've used this method three times to troubleshoot problems and it's always helped. Could well be the bolt is moving too fast. Look for any marks or scuffs on the rear of the bcg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If A works then it's the extra pressure/bolt speed causing the issue. Slow down the cyclic rate with heavier buffer, stiffer spring.

Get some subs and go as heavy as you can until the subs don't lock back, then back off a little. Hopefully the supers then function reliably.
Sounds good, but I can't wrap my head around the stiffer spring to slow down the bolt. Wouldn't I want a softer spring if my goal is to slow things down? No experience with this, just makes sense in my head.

Sounds good, but I can't wrap my head around the stiffer spring to slow down the bolt. Wouldn't I want a softer spring if my goal is to slow things down? No experience with this, just makes sense in my head.

Stiffer slows down the backwards movement of the bolt, but it drives it back into battery harder and I guess faster. the case is ejected during the rearward movement.

Going heavier on the buffer may be enough to fix the fte

You may look into an adjustable gas block so you can dial the gas back when shooting supers and open it up when you do get some subs.

Back
Top Bottom