• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are my AR15 gas rings messed up? Or is this correct?

One gap from each ring should be at 12:00, the next at 4:00 and the last at 8:00-just like the tips of a Mercedes emblem. If two or more are aligned, gas can seep through and cause function problems

One gap from each ring should be at 12:00, the next at 4:00 and the last at 8:00-just like the tips of a Mercedes emblem. If two or more are aligned, gas can seep through and cause function problems

No. Ring alignment doesn't matter at all and we've already determined the problem.

No. Ring alignment doesn't matter at all and we've already determined the problem.

BS. Ask a marine how they were trained.

And if you think ring alignment doesn't matter, assemble a car engine piston with all the ring gaps aligned. Get back to us with a 500 word essay on why you won't make that mistake again.

And if you think ring alignment doesn't matter, assemble a car engine piston with all the ring gaps aligned. Get back to us with a 500 word essay on why you won't make that mistake again.

Believe whatever you want. Not everything the Government tells you is correct, this includes ALL branches of the Armed Forces.

If an AR won't run with the rings aligned, it has other problems.

A bolt will work with one gas ring. The rings compress when the bolt locks and form the seal. Your sergeant didn't know any better but that's not a reason why you shouldn't listen to others that know more than you.

I like this yes it will work with one ring seen it many times in the sand bowl.. Troops come weapons not fuctioning right ....lol S.A.S.C BIAP

A bolt will work with one gas ring. The rings compress when the bolt locks and form the seal. Your sergeant didn't know any better but that's not a reason why you shouldn't listen to others that know more than you.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I'm saying it may fail like that. Take two rings out and let me know how long it functions.

You guys seem to think that it has 3 rings because two are really spares, they are not.

Maybe you guys should just use one ring the next time you rebuild an engine. Imagine all those other fussy little things are really spares.

(The only thing sillier than internet tactical commandos are internet mechanical engineers.)

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I'm saying it may fail like that. Take two rings out and let me know how long it functions.

You guys seem to think that it has 3 rings because two are really spares, they are not.

Maybe you guys should just use one ring the next time you rebuild an engine. Imagine all those other fussy little things are really spares.

(The only thing sillier than internet tactical commandos are internet mechanical engineers.)

Keep talking about cars. Keep spacing your rings out. It doesn't hurt anything it just doesn't help.

Good job trying to credential yourself to a win in the debate, but you don't know what you're talking about. Scratch that, it's not a debate. I'm right, you're wrong and nothing you say makes any difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom