• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are PWS AR pistols top tier?

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
I have been looking at .300 pistols and don't see much from "top tier" manufacturers like DD/LMT/LaRue/KAC etc. I care more about reliability than price but of course still want good value for my $. Not looking to build my own.

What do ya'll think of the PWS pistols? It is mainly to run suppressed so there is some appeal of a piston so crud is not always blowing in my face, but I am not against DGI. This is a long stroke piston gun.
I was looking at this one:
https://primaryweapons.com/store/product/mod2-mk111-pistol/

BCM makes one also, but reading arfcom and M4 I see some talk about them being overpriced for the name and that they get their components from same place as PSA etc etc.
http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/specification/bcm_recce_9_kmr_pistol.php

Any other good manufacturers I should consider?

Building them is half the fun neighbor! Just find yourself a lower marked "pistol" and a 9" barrel with pistol length gas system.

I don't know the Sage Dynamics guys but I think they are local and have gotten some good reviews on the ODT

This literally made me chuckle, absolutely not

personally I've owned several factory built spikes rifles and pistol, and have literally abused them almost as badly as my issued weapons...and I was Infantry, 10 years, three trips over there, so I didn't just take pictures of them on dirty carpets. In all honesty though, I've never owned a .300blk from ANY manufacturer so if it's in regards to that caliber with Spikes you're giggling at maybe you can explain a little more?
OP had no problem considering manufacturers like LMT and BCM so in my opinion Spikes doesn't fall far behind those names? Maybe I am wrong about that as well?
As far reliability being his major issue I've watched private contractors break LWRCs, DDs, and I've broken Issued Colt M4s. The real kind. I've also had a M16A4 (the real one given by Uncle Sam) survive a close lightening strike that resulted in magnetizing the bolt and all its components. Sent off to Colt by our Small Arms Repairman and they said although very weird weapon will function fine. Took it Iraq, shot a lot of bad guys also tossed it into a jersey barrier. Never broke, re issues to next soldier upon PCS. Also saw SAME style A4 snap almost in half during a butt stroke exercise. Private was not yolked.
There's a difference between Omni Hybrids and DDs...but in my opinion there's not much difference between a Spikes and a BCM. So back around to the begining, why would you "absolutely" never consider a Spikes?

Back
Top Bottom