• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are PWS AR pistols top tier?

Wut?

You don't have to have a lower marked pistol. Smh.

It only needs to be transferred as a pistol or other (unfinished receiver).

You are correct, I did not intend to imply that a pistol mark was required on the lower by law. I was just making a recommendation based on my preference. Thanks for clearing that up.

AAC upper on a BCM lower.
Although you don't say why you want a pistol AR, if you are running a suppressor why not just run an SBR?

I want a pistol for the short barrel since 300BO suppressed is supposed to burn the powder under 10in (or so the interwebz tells me), but I don't want to do all the NFA paperwork, no bringing it along state lines etc. Especially with all the new types of pistol braces.

personally I've owned several factory built spikes rifles and pistol, and have literally abused them almost as badly as my issued weapons...and I was Infantry, 10 years, three trips over there, so I didn't just take pictures of them on dirty carpets. In all honesty though, I've never owned a .300blk from ANY manufacturer so if it's in regards to that caliber with Spikes you're giggling at maybe you can explain a little more?
OP had no problem considering manufacturers like LMT and BCM so in my opinion Spikes doesn't fall far behind those names? Maybe I am wrong about that as well?
As far reliability being his major issue I've watched private contractors break LWRCs, DDs, and I've broken Issued Colt M4s. The real kind. I've also had a M16A4 (the real one given by Uncle Sam) survive a close lightening strike that resulted in magnetizing the bolt and all its components. Sent off to Colt by our Small Arms Repairman and they said although very weird weapon will function fine. Took it Iraq, shot a lot of bad guys also tossed it into a jersey barrier. Never broke, re issues to next soldier upon PCS. Also saw SAME style A4 snap almost in half during a butt stroke exercise. Private was not yolked.
There's a difference between Omni Hybrids and DDs...but in my opinion there's not much difference between a Spikes and a BCM. So back around to the begining, why would you "absolutely" never consider a Spikes?
Spikesfanboisayswhat?

:boink:

personally I've owned several factory built spikes rifles and pistol, and have literally abused them almost as badly as my issued weapons...and I was Infantry, 10 years, three trips over there, so I didn't just take pictures of them on dirty carpets. In all honesty though, I've never owned a .300blk from ANY manufacturer so if it's in regards to that caliber with Spikes you're giggling at maybe you can explain a little more?
OP had no problem considering manufacturers like LMT and BCM so in my opinion Spikes doesn't fall far behind those names? Maybe I am wrong about that as well?
As far reliability being his major issue I've watched private contractors break LWRCs, DDs, and I've broken Issued Colt M4s. The real kind. I've also had a M16A4 (the real one given by Uncle Sam) survive a close lightening strike that resulted in magnetizing the bolt and all its components. Sent off to Colt by our Small Arms Repairman and they said although very weird weapon will function fine. Took it Iraq, shot a lot of bad guys also tossed it into a jersey barrier. Never broke, re issues to next soldier upon PCS. Also saw SAME style A4 snap almost in half during a butt stroke exercise. Private was not yolked.
There's a difference between Omni Hybrids and DDs...but in my opinion there's not much difference between a Spikes and a BCM. So back around to the begining, why would you "absolutely" never consider a Spikes?

In regards to your service rifle comments, thank you for your service. I too have little experience with 300blk as I have no use for the caliber, nor want the risk of accidentally firing one off in my 5.56 rifles.

You are interpreting what I am saying like Spikes doesn't make a reliable rifle for the average/high use consumer out of context. I will stand by my "top tier" statement and say that they are not in the same league as KAC, LMT, Sionics, SOLGW, BCM, DD. Nothing thus far of their offerings indicate anything they offer warrants the premium new prices they command. They have shown nothing in the way of proper gas port sizing development, their tungsten powder buffers have been proved to be snake oil, their rails are an acquired taste and are fairly dated designs IMHO, they are seeming too focused on aesthetics appeal/tacticool with their lineup of tacky billet offerings and cheesy rollmarks, etc...

I actually own a Spikes lower, although I will be dumping it one of these days, and have owned several other over the past years. Their "technology" just does not lend itself to actual enhancement results. Companies like KAC/LMT, Sionics, BCM have taken good to great consideration of the weaknesses of the AR platform and are working on or have resolution to them, sometimes for specific applications, others for more generic. Spikes just doesn't seem to be going or ever going in that direction.

"Quality" aside, Spikes has also had their fair share of PR issues, especially when they wanted to be assholes and try and call out another manufacturer openly on a forum, only to get proved stupid and vanished from the thread. Lastly, when they were a new company, it was very common to see multiple reports of shills pushing their brands across several sites, versus trying to just be open/upfront and gaining respect in the firearms community.

I simply do not see value in their brand or products. Again, if you do, then good for you :thumb:

In regards to your service rifle comments, thank you for your service. I too have little experience with 300blk as I have no use for the caliber, nor want the risk of accidentally firing one off in my 5.56 rifles.

You are interpreting what I am saying like Spikes doesn't make a reliable rifle for the average/high use consumer out of context. I will stand by my "top tier" statement and say that they are not in the same league as KAC, LMT, Sionics, SOLGW, BCM, DD. Nothing thus far of their offerings indicate anything they offer warrants the premium new prices they command. They have shown nothing in the way of proper gas port sizing development, their tungsten powder buffers have been proved to be snake oil, their rails are an acquired taste and are fairly dated designs IMHO, they are seeming too focused on aesthetics appeal/tacticool with their lineup of tacky billet offerings and cheesy rollmarks, etc...

I actually own a Spikes lower, although I will be dumping it one of these days, and have owned several other over the past years. Their "technology" just does not lend itself to actual enhancement results. Companies like KAC/LMT, Sionics, BCM have taken good to great consideration of the weaknesses of the AR platform and are working on or have resolution to them, sometimes for specific applications, others for more generic. Spikes just doesn't seem to be going or ever going in that direction.

"Quality" aside, Spikes has also had their fair share of PR issues, especially when they wanted to be assholes and try and call out another manufacturer openly on a forum, only to get proved stupid and vanished from the thread. Lastly, when they were a new company, it was very common to see multiple reports of shills pushing their brands across several sites, versus trying to just be open/upfront and gaining respect in the firearms community.

I simply do not see value in their brand or products. Again, if you do, then good for you :thumb:

That's why I love this forum. I'm always open to learn more and friendly conversation and I'm happy you responded. I can see exactly where you're coming from, and I wasn't anywhere near as informed about their PR issues and their maturity in the business world. Im glad you noticed the sincerity in my post, as I was/am genuinely asking questions I'd love to know the truth to.
Having said that, I totally get the disappointment in the BAR system of rails, they are an older idea and as I sit here looking at all my MLOK rails I see no quad rails on my weapons. as for gas port sizing I have never had an issue personally, but I believe you. BUT do you agree that if the OP was purchasing a .300blk Spike Compressor he would be purchasing a top tier weapon? The original post mentioned nothing about a integrally suppressed, 2 stamp SBR but.....I sure wouldn't be upset with a compressor in my safe!
Thank you for responding and sharing your knowledge with me sir!

Spikesfanboisayswhat?

:boink:
Haha man I just won't bash a weapon that hasn't done me wrong. I'm not a fanboy of any brand per-say and aren't loyal to any manufacturer....well maybe glocks and CZs a bit lol. Especially seeing as I was really good at breaking things I know all things can submit to the hands of a grunt. I broke some of yalls precious FN 249s and burnt up a 240bbl :eyebrows:

Back
Top Bottom