• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

You really think you’ll get 20 years out of a truck now? Good luck unless it’s a Toyota, but then you wouldn’t have the expense of several major repairs.
I love F series trucks but i find myself looking at the first generation Tundras all the time. Thats the only one that looked good to me. I guess because it was so close to the old T100 they had when i sold new Toyotas. I really loved those trucks.

Easily. And that's just for the Ram 1500. Go buy a new 2500 diesel decked out and watch those payments go to $1500 a month. I don't know how people do it. Whenever I see new fully loaded SUV's or brand new lifted diesel trucks I'm thinking how did that guy afford a truck that costs as much as my house with a higher monthly note.

Naw, a 2500 SLT Diesel 4x4 is only 54,200. At 3% for 72 months which is worse than I got on the Ford I just bought you would have to finance 100K to get a 1500 a month payment.

https://www.universitychryslerdodge...-rome-ga-66c196ae0a0e0aea0064758b1094707c.htm

My payment on this 2011 F250 FX4 4X4 King Ranch diesel was only 640 a month.

B3D6DCF7-61D2-4800-B880-C798491A20DB.jpeg

My new truck is a F150 crew cab 4X4 XLT premium max tow and my payment is only 451 a month.

1160F5A4-8E42-4C4D-9711-46220B137A6F.jpeg

I can remember reading a magazine article about job loss due to automation back in the late 1980's. The focus was on the 'hardship' suffered by uneducated union laborers earning $88,000 per year in Detroit by the loss of a few hours each week because the manufacturers were transitioning to robot welders. One worker interviewed said his job was to place four quick spot welds on the undercarriages as they passed over his station. They just didn't know what they were going to do without the extra hours and overtime. A good paying job then in SC was $26,000 per year with a company car. I just couldn't get all teary eyed over their plight.
Were you living in Macon when Brown and Williamson Tobacco was there and closed? It was pathetic . Those people made SO much money for basic semi skilled work. Some ( a select few) retired very wealthy when the plant closed and moved to NC. Most lost their asses because they never planned any further than the next check. I know. I sold a few Toyota trucks and SUVs to those gold and brown uniform fools. What's worse is that a bunch of them lived in rental trailers right down the road from the plant. All that money flowed through Macon and middle GA and hardly any of it was used to secure or create future wealth. Just living for today...

I love F series trucks but i find myself looking at the first generation Tundras all the time. Thats the only one that looked good to me. I guess because it was so close to the old T100 they had when i sold new Toyotas. I really loved those trucks.
I bought a 2wd 06 Tundra about two and half years ago. Four full size doors, leather seats, lineX bedliner, with the Limited package. It only had 9x,xxx miles on it when I bought it. I paid $10,500. The best part is that the guy hadn't planned on selling it so he had a ton of service work (including timing belt) done to it only about four months before I bought it. I love that truck.

If you don't really need a big truck with big towing capacity I'd go with something like a later model Nissan Frontier. I'm not a GM fan but I kinda like the old body style Colorado base model.
If you 3to go new then the 201o all new Ranger may be available now. They start around $24K.
We had a bunch of them at work last year that were all going out of the country. It sucks because those were base model regular cabs. They all had 4WD stickers on them and some were diesels. I'd like one of those. But they're not available over here.

Wont be 24k here. And they are "loaded" with a turbo 4 banger.

Naw, a 2500 SLT Diesel 4x4 is only 54,200. At 3% for 72 months which is worse than I got on the Ford I just bought you would have to finance 100K to get a 1500 a month payment.

https://www.universitychryslerdodge...-rome-ga-66c196ae0a0e0aea0064758b1094707c.htm
That's not bad but that's not fully loaded either. I was talking like Laramie trim, or Lariat in a Ford super duty. They get up to the high 60k low 70k range then! But yeah the longer you finance the higher the interest rate goes up. People who stretch out to 72+ months usually pay 4+%. You did good on your truck.

Back
Top Bottom