• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

That's not bad but that's not fully loaded either. I was talking like Laramie trim, or Lariat in a Ford super duty. They get up to the high 60k low 70k range then! But yeah the longer you finance the higher the interest rate goes up. People who stretch out to 72+ months usually pay 4+%. You did good on your truck.

I have never paid more than 3.5% for 72 months....at least not in the last 10 years. My wifes Escape Titanium was purchased 0% for 72 months. Since the economy has gone up, interest rates have gone up so 3.2% for 72 months is the best I could do on a 2 year old truck with 26k miles. I could have gotten 0% if I would have purchased a brand new one, but it would have cost me 18 grand more for the same truck.

Having a credit report 16 pages long with paid off auto loans and a 800+ credit score helps.

I bought my previous wife a used 2WD explorer in 2005 and paid 24% interest on it because I had **** credit.

I should also mention that it took me two weeks to buy the King Ranch from the day I took it home on a BCA to the day I actually agreed to a deal and signed the papers.

It took me three weeks to buy my new F150 and I had brought half a dozen vehicles home and spoken to 20 or so dealerships in that time.

Only? How much was your full coverage insurance on top of that? With those 2 were you paying between 700-1000 a month to drive one of them? Too pricey for me.

That's why I pay cash for vehicles. I detest debt. Only debt I carry is my mortgage and working on that. I see a large monthly nut as a chain. Everytime I look at a monthly payment I convert that into time I have to work a month. I used to work in auto finance. I was always amazed how much of the month people were willing to work just to drive. People making 4k a month net paying 1k, 1 out of every 4 weeks, just to drive between payment and insurance.

Not saying you are doing that. Just was always amazed that so many were willing to do so.

My payment on this 2011 F250 FX4 4X4 King Ranch diesel was only 640 a month.

View attachment 1974468

My new truck is a F150 crew cab 4X4 XLT premium max tow and my payment is only 451 a month.

View attachment 1974469

That's not bad but that's not fully loaded either. I was talking like Laramie trim, or Lariat in a Ford super duty. They get up to the high 60k low 70k range then! But yeah the longer you finance the higher the interest rate goes up. People who stretch out to 72+ months usually pay 4+%. You did good on your truck.

Courtesy Ford Rome has a F250 Platinum that is stickered at $72,811. You can get them down from that but even that at 3.11% for 72 Months is only 1110 a month. A ridiculous amount to be sure, but a far cry from 1500.

https://www.romefordlinc.com/new-Rome-2019-Ford-Super+Duty+F+250+SRW-Platinum-1FT7W2BT7KED49873

Here is a fully loaded RAM that is stickered at $60.124. Rams are always cheaper than Fords so they are a little softer on the wallet. 3.11% for 72 months is $916 per month.

Most people buying those big diesel trucks finance for 84 months though.

Only? How much was your full coverage insurance on top of that? With those 2 were you paying between 700-1000 a month to drive one of them? Too pricey for me.

That's why I pay cash for vehicles. I detest debt. Only debt I carry is my mortgage and working on that. I see a large monthly nut as a chain. Everytime I look at a monthly payment I convert that into time I have to work a month. I used to work in auto finance. I was always amazed how much of the month people were willing to work just to drive. People making 4k a month net paying 1k, 1 out of every 4 weeks, just to drive between payment and insurance.

Not saying you are doing that. Just was always amazed that so many were willing to do so.

I just happen to have my insurance binder here on my desk as I was looking at it last night.

For the F-250 I was paying $460 every 6 months for full coverage
For the F-150 I am paying $585 every 6 months for full coverage

Both very cheap in comparison to the 1100 every 6 months I pay for liability only on my sons 2002 F-150 2WD.

Back
Top Bottom