• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

Thing is people are buying them. They kinda have to. Its darn hard to live in our society without transportation and they are just handing out "free" money. 0% interest for the first couple years, etc. And people think it's a good deal. Used car prices are pretty darn high which makes the new vehicle deals seem more attractive. And we've been told all the bell and whistle safety tech is a good thing that you just must have.

No one is forced into buying a new car. Teach your kids how it works and make sure they don’t get sucked in. Both of my girls have new model cars. Neither spent over $20,000 on either vehicle and they have all the bells and whistles and sunroofs (One new and one certified) It’s simple self control and budgeting. Wants vs needs is a very good way to approach a car purchase.

Reactions: MRH
It is the dollar's value thst has changed. Compare prices then and now in terms of ounces of gold or acres of farm land.

YEP THE DOLLAR, is now worth just shy of .17 of each dollar bill now, INFLATION, and GOODS COST, are just MOUNTAINOUS, and the quality is sub-standard, to say the least...

Amen! They make new cars every single day. They ain't making no more land

I don't know if you have ever bought land, but I have, and ever since then I have always wanted more. Before too long I'm gonna get more.

In 20 years, today's $20k piece of land will be worth a sight more than today's $80k pickup. Guaranteed.

I don't know if you have ever bought land, but I have, and ever since then I have always wanted more. Before too long I'm gonna get more.

In 20 years, today's $20k piece of land will be worth a sight more than today's $80k pickup. Guaranteed.

That’s what I’m telling my kids. Spend 25k or more on something to drive is kind of insane (just my opinion). Now if it’s work related and you need the diesel and 1 ton axles to haul and trailer with that’s a diff story. But our parking lot is full of GM, Ford and Dodge dieseled up trucks that only haul one fat ass to and from work 5 days a week. I blew a ton on trucks and toys when I was younger but I hope my kids can learn from that.

That’s what I’m telling my kids. Spend 25k or more on something to drive is kind of insane (just my opinion). Now if it’s work related and you need the diesel and 1 ton axles to haul and trailer with that’s a diff story. But our parking lot is full of GM, Ford and Dodge dieseled up trucks that only haul one fat ass to and from work 5 days a week. I blew a ton on trucks and toys when I was younger but I hope my kids can learn from that.

Completely agree. I like the $25k threshold too... Unless the vehicle is vital to one's livelihood, and serves in a role that actually produces income, spending more than $25k is truly a waste of money. Considering what that vehicle will bring in 10 years is all the proof anyone should need.

To the US market...been available outside the US all along.
Even diesel models.

I did not know that...Back when they were $10-$15k they were a good value. My neighbor drove his for over 20 years and had over 500k miles on it, when he parked it out back and went and bought another Ranger! Still driving it...

Back
Top Bottom