• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

I don't know if you have ever bought land, but I have, and ever since then I have always wanted more. Before too long I'm gonna get more.

In 20 years, today's $20k piece of land will be worth a sight more than today's $80k pickup. Guaranteed.
It took me awhile but I finally came to that realization. In my teens and 20's it was all about having to drive the coolest thing I could get. Mind you I think my F150 I have now is pretty cool, but it's also practical for what I use it for. I finally bought my own piece of land. No plans with it yet, but I already want to buy more down the road. Who knows I might just keep it for recreational use, put a little house on it one day, or hold it for 20 years and sell. But way more satisfying than buying a new car.

Reactions: MRH
No one is forced into buying a new car. Teach your kids how it works and make sure they don’t get sucked in. Both of my girls have new model cars. Neither spent over $20,000 on either vehicle and they have all the bells and whistles and sunroofs (One new and one certified) It’s simple self control and budgeting. Wants vs needs is a very good way to approach a car purchase.

No one is forced into it. But, they certainly make the trap appealing and easy enough to snare enough idiots to keep the wheel turning. Meanwhile, if I want a decent new truck that will last I'll have to pay through the nose because enough people will pay an outrageous sticker price because they get easy financing and only look at the monthly note. Financing the auto companies turn around and sell creating a whole industry out of car debt. There is no incentive for auto companies to produce a decent vehicle at a reasonable price when the whole system is geared like that and people support it. Which is why I buy my vehicles 2nd hand for cash and drive them into the dirt.

No one is forced into it. But, they certainly make the trap appealing and easy enough to snare enough idiots to keep the wheel turning. Meanwhile, if I want a decent new truck that will last I'll have to pay through the nose because enough people will pay an outrageous sticker price because they get easy financing and only look at the monthly note. Financing the auto companies turn around and sell creating a whole industry out of car debt. There is no incentive for auto companies to produce a decent vehicle at a reasonable price when the whole system is geared like that and people support it. Which is why I buy my vehicles 2nd hand for cash and drive them into the dirt.

Same thing applies to houses, cell phones and 0% offers at Brand Smart and Rooms to Go. If you don’t want to play the game then stay off the field. I’m with you. I buy my vehicles now and wont play the new car shell game ever again. To each his own but I’ll spend my $450 - $650 + dollars a month payment elsewhere.

Lol sticker was almost 30 k that’s crazy 21k should be the sticker on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only people with HORRIBLE credit (who have no business buying a new car) and really stupid people pay sticker price on a vehicle.

They set the sticker high and then heavily discount it right off the bat so the banks will cover the negative equity from their trade ins.

If they set the MSRP at 21k the bank wouldn’t approve financing with the 8 grand negative equity they are rolling into the loan from their trade.

Car companies are in business to make money.

Only people with HORRIBLE credit (who have no business buying a new car) and really stupid people pay sticker price on a vehicle.

They set the sticker high and then heavily discount it right off the bat so the banks will cover the negative equity from their trade ins.
I've never bought one, but new Raptors are usually sold ABOVE MSRP.

Yep. Supply and demand. High demand low supply vehicles often sell with a “market adjustment “ over MSRP.

Joe Blow who works at auto zone isn’t buying a 115k Raptor. The Raptor is a rich mans toy and they are priced accordingly.

They wouldn’t be able to add those extra market adjustments if people weren’t lined up around the block to pay it.

When the ford GT came out 15 years or so the one that was allotted for the few dealers who got them sold with a 150k market adjustment over MSRP before they were ever assembled at the plant.

I work with a guy that has one. He will gladly pay above retail for ANYTHING as long as he gets it before everyone else. I think his penile implant is scheduled for early spring.

I work with a guy that has one. He will gladly pay above retail for ANYTHING as long as he gets it before everyone else. I think his penile implant is scheduled for early spring.

Yeah, things like the Raptor and the GT aren’t normal vehicles and neither are the people who buy them.

Back
Top Bottom