• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

Yeah I bought a new completely loaded Lariat F250 for less than a Raptor, now I can look down on them since I'm sitting higher LOL.

Word. Buy a certified preowned 740i for less than half of new. Right sovietak474u sovietak474u ?
My car was $114,000 new . I got it with a 100,000 mile fill maintenance/ bumper to bumper warranty with 27,000 miles on it for $42,000 . Yeah I can live with that . I love my 740LI . It’s extremely comfortable.

2BFBB2C7-E29F-4D0E-B79D-0CBA127AA5AA.jpeg

Only people with HORRIBLE credit (who have no business buying a new car) and really stupid people pay sticker price on a vehicle.

They set the sticker high and then heavily discount it right off the bat so the banks will cover the negative equity from their trade ins.

If they set the MSRP at 21k the bank wouldn’t approve financing with the 8 grand negative equity they are rolling into the loan from their trade.

Car companies are in business to make money.

Yes I’m aware of that but there’s many vehicles you can’t get them to budge off sticker go try and buy a hellcat this is one of those vehicles where the 7000 off the sticker on a base truck is just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I’m aware of that but there’s many vehicles you can’t get them to budge off sticker go try and buy a hellcat this is one of those vehicles where the 7000 off the sticker on a base truck is just crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already addressed that. New F150 XLT and Lariat are 12 to 15k off sticker. Cars have been sold this way for decades.

Can’t believe people are actually complaining about dealers selling below MSRP.

The time to buy a new truck is at the end of the year, when they are trying to get rid of the previous year, huge discounts plus incentives equals getting a new one for the price of a late model used.

I already addressed that. New F150 XLT and Lariat are 12 to 15k off sticker. Cars have been sold this way for decades.

Can’t believe people are actually complaining about dealers selling below MSRP.
Umm no you proved my point ,why put a price on the sticker no one pays, yes we all understand that no one is giving away $7000 of profit on a base model truck , my point was in fact made by you not refuted.
The sticker price is all part of the psychological game of selling cars if you understand what they are doing teh base truck I referenced was never going to be sold for the asking price.

Haven't purchased a new vehicle since 1976, a 1976 250 4X4, PS,PB,AC,radio, $5796 out the door. Still have and drive that truck. Vehicles I've purchased since then have 25-40K miles and I drive them till they won't go no mo. Driving a 07 Silverado WT with 188K now but looking for a 3rd truck, Ford or Chevy 4X4, something with no computer, easy to work on, cheap parts. I'd rather put $3-4k for new motor and trans in a old truck than have those high monthly payments. This old man don't buy anything that depreciates, had all the toys, just put my $$$ in the bank. Don't need a status symbol, got a good looking wife for that.

Umm no you proved my point ,why put a price on the sticker no one pays, yes we all understand that no one is giving away $7000 of profit on a base model truck , my point was in fact made by you not refuted.
The sticker price is all part of the psychological game of selling cars if you understand what they are doing teh base truck I referenced was never going to be sold for the asking price.

As I said before. If the price then at 22 no bank is going to finance 29 when they roll the 7 grand negative equity in from their trade.

Set MSRP at 29, sell for 22 and now the bank will finance the negative equity because it isn’t 140% of MSRP.

A higher MSRP also helps dealers maximize profit on the used market.

Yes it also makes idiots think they are getting a better deal but the main reason they do this is to deal with negative equity.

Back
Top Bottom