• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Simple/cheap pickup trucks gone forever?

You must have missed the memo. There is a replacement for displacement, it’s called forced induction.

The 3.5 eco boost V6 raptor puts down more power than the old 6.2 V8.

What are you using for power ratings? HP, torque or just guessing... No references = No facts! Show me the curves...

Force induce my V8 or V10 for +60K and then we are on the same playing field (and I might be interested...)

What are you using for power ratings? HP, torque or just guessing... No references = No facts! Show me the curves...

Force induce my V8 or V10 for +60K and then we are on the same playing field (and I might be interested...)

They make a twin turbo for the Coyote motor now. From what I have seen it puts down something stupid like 1200hp. Basically the truck tears itself apart. I want one.

It's not about a making an even playing field. A modern twin turbo V6 puts more HP and torque to the ground than an old NA V8. A twin turbo V8 creates more power and torque than can economically be used for most consumer needs. That's why their are options.

If you want the V8 rumble you buy a NA V8. If you want more capability you buy the forced induced V6. The twin turbo is more expensive to purchase and maintain that the NA V8. If you don't need the extra power buy the V8. Pretty simple really.

The Raptor on the other hand isn't a work truck intended for towing heavy loads but rather is a toy. They put the HO twin turbo V6 in it because it makes the toy haul ass. The HO ecoboost twin turbo V6 in the Raptor is Fords most powerful, most expensive gasoline engine in their consumer lineup. Why wouldn't they put it in there?

The time to buy a new truck is at the end of the year, when they are trying to get rid of the previous year, huge discounts plus incentives equals getting a new one for the price of a late model used.
Just bought a new 2018 Chevy Silverado Crew cab for just a little over $26,000 off the lot.

That ain't chump change and I'm sure that some of you tight asses would never pay it, but I was pretty damned pleased.

Wonder why ECO boost stuff isn't offered in the work trucks? Like F250 and F350 models?

Because it would hurt diesel sales which is their cash cow. The 6.2 is already cutting into diesel sales too much. Hell my next 250 will be a 6.2 gas if it is still offered.

Wonder why ECO boost stuff isn't offered in the work trucks? Like F250 and F350 models?

They also already have the F150 cutting into diesel sales. My F150 has a higher towing capacity than the old venerable 7.3 power stroke. The new 2019 eco boost F150 can tow more than the old 6.0s at 14k + lbs

I see more and more big campers behind F150s that never would have been considered for a half ton 5 years ago.

My F150 is the first non diesel truck I have bought in over a decade... not counting my little toy Tacoma I had for 6 months.

Just bought a new 2018 Chevy Silverado Crew cab for just a little over $26,000 off the lot.

That ain't chump change and I'm sure that some of you tight asses would never pay it, but I was pretty damned pleased.

I haven’t priced a Chevy in years but that seems like a steal of a deal.

Back
Top Bottom