• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are there any alternatives to Window 10 out there?

i work on my all day long. I wear out a computer in about 2 years.

Just bought a new one with Windows 10 installed. it's terrible.

It's really hard to load Goggle Chrome, and I work with programs that work best on Chrome.

Office 365 (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is a nightmare, Everything is stored on the "cloud". You have no way to option out.

I wish I could go back to Windows 7 but my computer experts tell me there is no way.

If the programs I jave to use could run on Linux, I would switch in a heartbeat. Mac isn't an option.

Don't know what to tell you to do, expect bend over and take it.

i run 10 with no cloud anything...

I use OSX on an apple computer and buy a new one ever 10 to 15 years.

I have to have a PC for work that gets occasional use. I buy thinkpads running the latest Microsoft Virus errrr I mean OS. I buy a new one every year.

PCs are garbage and the cost of ownership is 5 times that of an Apple product.

macs use intel hardware now...they are PCs running linux. IF you want a NICE mac, get an upper end asus laptop and run hackintosh osx.

macs use intel hardware now...they are PCs running linux. IF you want a NICE mac, get an upper end asus laptop and run hackintosh osx.

Macs have been running intel chips for 12 years. OSX uses a Linux kernel but that’s the only thing they have in common.

I‘be got content security to worry about. I don’t run anything open source or “hacked”. Too much at stake.

I buy Asus laptops for our customer service reps. They seem to like them but I’m not impressed.

i work on my all day long. I wear out a computer in about 2 years.

Just bought a new one with Windows 10 installed. it's terrible.

It's really hard to load Goggle Chrome, and I work with programs that work best on Chrome.

Office 365 (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is a nightmare, Everything is stored on the "cloud". You have no way to option out.

I wish I could go back to Windows 7 but my computer experts tell me there is no way.

If the programs I jave to use could run on Linux, I would switch in a heartbeat. Mac isn't an option.

Don't know what to tell you to do, expect bend over and take it.
You can still buy office home and student, or business versions to not have to subscribe to cloud stuff.

I like windows 10 pro, Ubuntu is awesome too. If you want to really be out there you can run "Tails"! Windows 7 on our machines seems to need a reboot after about 20 days or so, sometimes more sometimes less. W10 Pro seems to eat more ram but can stay up longer with multiple users with less weird problems. I hate all the cortana and advertising stuff on W10 Pro but you can turn it off.

We are looking to buy a new computer later this year.
Are there any options to Windows 10?

But not really looking for Mac...

What are the downsides for those of you that run Windows 10?
If you are looking for a sweet deal on a very powerful little desktop, check out the Lenovo P330 Tiny. You can spec one out with 8th gen i7, 32g of ram, dual m.2 HD's, for under $1200 or under a grand with their Pro pricing. I think they will run 6 displays too.

**Edit . And they automatically come with the 3 year warranty. It's a very useful warranty unlike from most companies.

I have an i3, 2gb Ram desktop at home that runs Manjaro Linux.
This little computer feels like it's running as fast as my i7, 16gb desktop.
I'm not running games on it of course. I have Libre Office and Firefox installed and it just runs great.
Its my go to when I'm trying not to stress out the power grid with my i7.
The thing about Linux though is you need to be able to think technical problems through.
If you aren't "Tech Savvy" it'll be worthless to you.

All of the computers my family uses run Windows 10 Professional. The home version feels too much like it's got a child proof cap on it. You should give 10 a try. It's not as bad as some people say it is.

Are you using Office 365?

Win10 Pro, Office 365, no cloud, no issues. It works great for me. I have 10 computers all networked together on a gigabit LAN, all running Win10 Pro and all running Office 365. The only issues we have is that sometimes the preferences for Outlook doesn't load properly, and you get a different background and layout than your default.

Back
Top Bottom