• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are used PSA ARs selling anymore?

I don't see any reason to buy the Colt over the PSA, your just paying for the name, IMHO. I don't think the Colt will "out shoot" the PSA rifle, I don't see it as a "real" upgrade in one rifle over the other. Just my .02 cents worth. Esp. with AR prices going down, I bet you can find a Colt rifle for around $500 in 30-45 days.

mind explaining the bolded? your reasoning, how you came up with that conclusion, etc...thx.

mind explaining the bolded? your reasoning, how you came up with that conclusion, etc...thx.

Sure, after seeing no less that about 10,000 rifles on Army SDM, and Qualification ranges, ( The vast majority of them being Colt rifles ) The performance for the Colt rifles were in no way better than my Doublestar AR-15 that was built by my Ranger Buddy, on his Kitchen table, after he had a few beers... That rifle spent 4 years with me at Ft.McCoy and went to the range with me, every single day I was there, as a army marksmanship instructor I have at least 10,000 rounds down the pipe, prob. more like 15,000 rounds. My Rifle ran courses of fire from -25 degrees to 100 degrees, with out a hitch that wasn't mag related. That rifle ( with iron sights BTW ) will hit a spent 5.56 brass case at 25 yards, hold a shot group at 25 meters ( 82.29 feet ) smaller than a quarter. And hold the 8 ring at 600 yards ( it might do better if someone else was shooting it, I could only hold the 8 ring )
Now, all that being said, my point is, mil spec. parts, are mil spec. parts. As a matter of fact, I might be going back to Ft.McCoy, this time I'll take my " Frankingun" of a home built SAA lower, and a PSA 1/7 twist CL M4 upper, and see how it dose. Oh, BTW the way there were 3 other guys up there, with me who there the same length of time I was, one had a Smith & Wesson M4 clone the other, had a RRA M4 clone, ALL of their rifles performed about the same as mine... So if you want to pay $200 dollars more for the Colt name go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom