• Next ODT Gun Show - Nov 16, 2024! - Click here for info

Are we starting to see inflation fatigue with new car/truck prices from buyers?

Is this the start of a trend?

• Nah, it's a scam ad to get you in the door and upsell you

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Of course, factory to dealer rebates to get that floor plan off the lots

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Don't know, don't care, can't afford groceries and a new car payment both

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Tacos are always a valid choice

Votes: 14 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lostchild

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Protector of the 100 acre wood
68   0
Reaction score
IMG_3080.jpeg

It's still not enough. The MSRP for new cars has gone up something like, 30% or more since 2020. If I remember correctly, from what I've heard.

I bought a 2016 RAM Laramie for $14,000 off MSRP in January 2017. If I was in the new car market, I'd not settle for anything less than 10k off MSRP, at this point.

The days of add on, and market adjustments are coming back to bit them in the ass

It's still not enough. The MSRP for new cars has gone up something like, 30% or more since 2020. If I remember correctly, from what I've heard.

I bought a 2016 RAM Laramie for $14,000 off MSRP in January 2017. If I was in the new car market, I'd not settle for anything less than 10k off MSRP, at this point.

The days of add on, and market adjustments are coming back to bit them in the ass
Lol, that guy hasn't been on since 2013. The @ symbol gotcha.

You have to be a glutton for punishment to buy any of these over priced, recall laden vehicles these days. I'm not their target market anymore - not even close.
Agreed, me neither. I knew many years ago the day would come that I no longer desired a new vehicle. So I started figuring out what worked and lasted and started building a collection accordingly. I have trouble finding parts at times. But I have something else to drive while I'm waiting on said part

Back
Top Bottom