Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Tacos

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Depends

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Many of my family members (mainly older) don’t sail any of their stuff. I didn’t take after them I will sail something in a heart beat.

Sailing---I love it!
1920px-2013_Ahmanson_Cup_Regatta_yacht_Zapata_II_b_photo_D_Ramey_Logan.jpg

Many years ago a cousin of mine called and wanted me to go in the barn attic and get a mirror. Long story short, there was a huge wicker basket of old bottles that I brought home w/ me. Began digging through them and there was a tiny Listerine bottle. I'm thinking about the size of two thimbles tiny. Why would someone save that? But, like has been pointed out, those that survived the depression didn't throw things away.

Helped a buddy move some furniture while refinishing a house. First off, we pulled up the floor and there were immaculate copies of the comics from 30's newspapers that had been used for insulation. Another long story short, found an envelope under the built in closet w/ thousands of dollars (can't remember the exact figure). All 100s and 50s w the newest bill being 1940 something. The owner of the house claimed that made over $100,000 that had been found in the house. And, no telling how much they had thrown away by not opening cans, jars, etc.

I think this may be the bottle? It's a little bigger than I remember. It doesn't have the label, but does have the cork top w/ wire ring:
antique-listerine-bottle-with-paper-labels-cork_1_a3654a9290b6d3e93ffdc972d4450666.jpg

Many years ago a cousin of mine called and wanted me to go in the barn attic and get a mirror. Long story short, there was a huge wicker basket of old bottles that I brought home w/ me. Began digging through them and there was a tiny Listerine bottle. I'm thinking about the size of two thimbles tiny. Why would someone save that? But, like has been pointed out, those that survived the depression didn't throw things away.

Helped a buddy move some furniture while refinishing a house. First off, we pulled up the floor and there were immaculate copies of the comics from 30's newspapers that had been used for insulation. Another long story short, found an envelope under the built in closet w/ thousands of dollars (can't remember the exact figure). All 100s and 50s w the newest bill being 1940 something. The owner of the house claimed that made over $100,000 that had been found in the house. And, no telling how much they had thrown away by not opening cans, jars, etc.

I think this may be the bottle? It's a little bigger than I remember. It doesn't have the label, but does have the cork top w/ wire ring:
View attachment 1869718

That bottle is probably worth something as a collectible. If I thought the price were good enough, I'd buy it to along with other oddities I've collected over the course of my life.

That bottle is probably worth something as a collectible. If I thought the price were good enough, I'd buy it to along with other oddities I've collected over the course of my life.

It's a family heirloom and not going anywhere. I did sell a bunch of old medicine bottles on Ebay (along w/ other stuff) that I kick myself for, almost, daily. I have been a scavengers since a young boy. Starting w/ our old family dump down the dirt road...

Back
Top Bottom